Waiver for Reenlistment Process Questions - RE3 JFV - Honorable Discharge - Adjustment Disorder w/ Depressed Mood

Woznica

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello everyone,

I will try to keep this as simple as possible. I was discharged from the Army with an RE Code 3, Separation Code JFV, and an Honorable Discharge back in January, 2012. Adjustment disorder with depressed mood.

I have finally found an Air National Guard recruiter that actually wanted to help me with the waiver process. We've been working on this for 8 months now and my packet has gone through her chain of command and all the way up to the National Guard Bureau and back to her. She has submitted my packet to MEPS and I have three letters of recommendation as well as a statement from myself about the positive past 6 years. I also had a psychologist evaluate me and received a written report. I had a brief lower back injury and suicidal ideation while active. I was fine throughout bootcamp and began having problems in AIT. I have become a stronger and healthier man since that period of my life and have come to peace with it and grown from it. They have come back requesting further records and we have supplied them. It's been a back and forth process now for a couple of months and our periods of contact are becoming less frequent. I feel like I throw a lot of questions and follow up requests at her so I've tried to back off and ask about every three weeks for an update. I know they want to be thorough with the evaluation and waiver process, but has anyone had any experience getting to this point in the process that can shed some light on what could be holding things up or had similar circumstances? I've been patient but it's hard to sit still when it is this close. I may need to think that it's a good thing that they're taking this long.

Thank you in advance for any replies.

I know this isn't PEB related I've just been seeking information from where I can.

i know it been a over a year but have you had any lucky. im currently going thru the same situation it seems like. I've done all the paperwork and etc. i was waiting on a date for meps and crazy enough it like everything kinda just stopped and to make things funnier the coronavirus has slowed everything down smh. but i haven't heard from my recruiter in like two months. and he kept saying everything was good and headed in the right direction before all this happened and again. havent heard from him at all since this popped off. i have the same seperation code jfv and im trying for the army national guard

Hi Manny. My waiver packet was ultimately rejected about two weeks ago by MEPS for the reason of "the amount of things needed to be approved". I found another recruiter for the Army National Guard that is looking into his ability to work on a waiver for me. Patience was key for me with my last recruiter since she would get everything submitted immediately but we would need to wait to hear back from MEPS or the NG Bureau. It seems like this last step of waiting for a date takes a while since it's at the NG Bureau with all the other packets. You're recruiter will let you know once they hear something. One Airman I spoke to waited close to three months to hear about his MEPS Date.

hey Wonznica,
I've been super patience about this. i just don't like the fact the recruiter isn't responding. but possibly they are busy since the guard is working during this crisis.but according to him which we talked around late feb early march my packet and my impact statement made it thru suitability which was apparently a good thing and then they would would send me to meps and after all that send everything up to get the waiver processed and accepted thru the chain of command.. which he had a date for meps once or twice then said we'd have to reschedule. then after that he told me one week be ready possibly end of that said week. but ultimately nothing happened.... and like you i'm waiting on a date for meps now but again I've texted and called really no response or ill get the auto text that he'll call me back but never does. so i'm trying to decide should i wait it out for now or move on to a different recruiter in a different area. The recruiter told me the process for the waiver would take the longest due to having to touch so many hands. but idk what to believe at this point.

Hello everyone,

I will try to keep this as simple as possible. I was discharged from the Army with an RE Code 3, Separation Code JFV, and an Honorable Discharge back in January, 2012. Adjustment disorder with depressed mood.

I have finally found an Air National Guard recruiter that actually wanted to help me with the waiver process. We've been working on this for 8 months now and my packet has gone through her chain of command and all the way up to the National Guard Bureau and back to her. She has submitted my packet to MEPS and I have three letters of recommendation as well as a statement from myself about the positive past 6 years. I also had a psychologist evaluate me and received a written report. I had a brief lower back injury and suicidal ideation while active. I was fine throughout bootcamp and began having problems in AIT. I have become a stronger and healthier man since that period of my life and have come to peace with it and grown from it. They have come back requesting further records and we have supplied them. It's been a back and forth process now for a couple of months and our periods of contact are becoming less frequent. I feel like I throw a lot of questions and follow up requests at her so I've tried to back off and ask about every three weeks for an update. I know they want to be thorough with the evaluation and waiver process, but has anyone had any experience getting to this point in the process that can shed some light on what could be holding things up or had similar circumstances? I've been patient but it's hard to sit still when it is this close. I may need to think that it's a good thing that they're taking this long.

I’m in the same boat as you. Unfortunately I went the air guard route where I was disqualified at meps. Now I’m trying the army national guard to see if it’s easier. Everyone tells me that the Army will take about anyone and that they’re fast. It’s been almost two weeks now and nothing.

I know. The gap in communication is tough. It is possible that MEPS is shut down right now or only operating on a minimal staff. My other recruiter said they could only go into the office for needed paperwork. My packet had to go up to the NG Bureau and Surgeon General twice and each time it took almost three months to hear back from them. I would be patient for now. Did he say when he submitted your waiver packet? I have heard that about the Army National Guard as well but I'm almost at the two week point of hearing anything, just a yes or a no.

I know. The gap in communication is tough. It is possible that MEPS is shut down right now or only operating on a minimal staff. My other recruiter said they could only go into the office for needed paperwork. My packet had to go up to the NG Bureau and Surgeon General twice and each time it took almost three months to hear back from them. I would be patient for now. Did he say when he submitted your waiver packet? I have heard that about the Army National Guard as well but I'm almost at the two week point of hearing anything, just a yes or a no.
I got in touch with him last week. I told him how the SG denied me an air guard waiver and that he’ll help me out. I was told by him that he would get back to me this week. He never did, what I’m trying to figure out is if he can do anything. I though the army was the fastest branch to process people in. I have no idea how to get in touch with him. It sucks!

I hate to come off as a pest to him but I really need to know what’s going on right now. I understand covid 19 is a hinderance but he should have some kind of idea right now.

There is an old saying, everything is waiverable. But the higher the waiver authority is in rank, the less likely a waiver will reach that level.

apparently my process for the a waiver was denied by a meps doctor in dallas. i had to call another recruiter to go thru my file and see what the hold up was. crazy thing is i still havent heard from my recruiter regarding the issue to see if its even fixable

Hello everyone,

Hello, what ever happened with the waiver? Did you get it approved, disapproved or waiting?

My waiver was denied, unfortunately. It was a very long process and the reason for the rejection was, according to my recruiter, "too many things to waive". That was not a good enough reason for me so I reached out to several law firms that specialize in dealing with the Army Board for the Correction of Military Records (BCMR). I feel that my discharge was not handled properly after going through all of my medical and personnel records. I'm hoping that these violations will help me get a favorable review from the Board and let me change my DD 214 and some of my medical records. Gratefully, I found a law firm that will review a case pro bono and I'm waiting to hear back from them. It has been about a month now since I submitted all of my documentation to them. Perhaps fortunately I will be able to show that my command did more harm than good in regards to my medical treatment and improper discharge procedures.

In the past several months I have learned that "Adjustment Disorder" is an abused blanket term to discharge service members without having to go through the proper steps that would be necessary for specific conditions or circumstances. It was called "Personality Disorder" years ago, but the branches were called out for abusing that too.

If you see this manny254, please let us know any updates on your end.

Thanks for the reminder to get back on there AD1212

My waiver was denied, unfortunately. It was a very long process and the reason for the rejection was, according to my recruiter, "too many things to waive". That was not a good enough reason for me so I reached out to several law firms that specialize in dealing with the Army Board for the Correction of Military Records (BCMR). I feel that my discharge was not handled properly after going through all of my medical and personnel records. I'm hoping that these violations will help me get a favorable review from the Board and let me change my DD 214 and some of my medical records. Gratefully, I found a law firm that will review a case pro bono and I'm waiting to hear back from them. It has been about a month now since I submitted all of my documentation to them. Perhaps fortunately I will be able to show that my command did more harm than good in regards to my medical treatment and improper discharge procedures.

In the past several months I have learned that "Adjustment Disorder" is an abused blanket term to discharge service members without having to go through the proper steps that would be necessary for specific conditions or circumstances. It was called "Personality Disorder" years ago, but the branches were called out for abusing that too.

If you don’t mind me asking. What were the other things?

Also how long was the whole process in general? I’m current going through this with the active duty Army and I’ve sent my paperwork up to the meps in Omaha Nebraska. My recruiter says it’ll take 30 days to get an answer and meps physical. Right now it’s been 21 days....