Welcome to new Moderator- Guardguy11

Jason Perry

Founder and Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I am pleased to announce the addition of Guardguy11 as a Moderator!

Please join me welcoming Guardguy11 as part of the team here at PEB FORUM that helps folks with questions, issues, or just sharing experiences. As a member with experience with National Guard issues, Guardguy11 brings an important background to help those from the NG community with their issues.

Thanks, Guardguy11, for your contributions, past and going forward!

Welcome! I joined this chat to get some insight into my discharge upgrade case with the ABCMR. This is my 3rd try, but this time they have requested a review by the medical advisory board. Can anyone tell me why? And the weight that the board has on cases?

@Guardguy11 welcome to the moderator circle. Guard questions are unique and frequent, so you have the potential to help many members.

Welcome! I joined this chat to get some insight into my discharge upgrade case with the ABCMR. This is my 3rd try, but this time they have requested a review by the medical advisory board. Can anyone tell me why? And the weight that the board has on cases?
In order to get some insight or input, you are better served by opening your own thread and giving some background information. Your general question above does not supply enough information to provide any meaningful insight or thoughts about your own situation.

Thanks for having me. I really enjoy passing on knowledge so it will be a joy to continue that as a moderator. I am still going through the VARR process myself so I still have lots to learn about the complete IDES process.

Background

My name is Brad and I have been in the military since 31 May 2001. Spent 8 years on active duty at Whiteman AFB working as a jet engine mechanic on the B-2. Crossed over to the Guard after 8 years. Did it as a full time technician for a year, then switched over to a traditional guardsman when I got a new civilian job with Northrop Grumman. Got my commission in 2012 as an Air Battle Manager for the Kansas Air National Guard, but I have kept my B-2 connection with my full-time civilian employment.

I worked aircraft maintenance for Northrop for several years, until landing my current aircrew instructor gig in 2015. Been working the dual track career for awhile now, but I am looking forward to finishing the IDES process and going to work for Northrop in an actual full-time capacity without something else pulling my attention away.

I current live about 45 minutes to the east of Kansas City and enjoy fixing things. I have a part-time electronics repair business I operate out of my basement. I am married with four beautiful girls. I accept venmo payments inlieu of condolenses to help pay for future weddings. :)

Looking forwarding to getting to know you all.

Brad

Last edited:
I am pleased to announce the addition of Guardguy11 as a Moderator!

Please join me welcoming Guardguy11 as part of the team here at PEB FORUM that helps folks with questions, issues, or just sharing experiences. As a member with experience with National Guard issues, Guardguy11 brings an important background to help those from the NG community with their issues.

Thanks, Guardguy11, for your contributions, past and going forward!

Thanks for the resource. This is my first post and sincerely need some help. I am an AGR whom is trying to enter the MEB process. I had dropped my retirement letter then as I rolled into sanctuary. During this time trying to get”stable” I went through multiple neck surgeries after being rear ended by a kid on a cell phone breaking 2 titanium screws already in my neck. Within a 12 month period I had to have significant shoulder surgery due to wreck as well as 5 neck surgeries. I was in a medically induced coma after developing hematoma that nearly caused loss of life six days after ACDF / 10 screws and a bracket C-3 thru C-7. I also had another temporary paralyzation event on 4th neck job followed by another life saving surgery. There is much more to this. After removing 60% of cartilage froma knee injury in Robyn Sage 2001 that finally blew up , I bled out for 5 days. Vonwillibrans genetic bleeding disorder then diagnosed. Much more to mention but also diagnosed bilateral lower extremities vascular insufficiency narrowing of Veins, whole leg swelling. There is much more. I am trying to get MEB process going and wish to retire with over 20 AFS and it has become a severe challenge. There is much more. AGR can only enter MEB if there is an acute or grave medical condition|change. My employability and insurability is shot as well as reduced effectiveness. My current permanent profile is 333113. Getting Jammed up .. Control grade. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Thanks for having me. I really enjoy passing on knowledge so it will be a joy to continue that as a moderator. I am still going through the VARR process myself so I still have lots to learn about the complete IDES process.

Background

My name is Brad and I have been in the military since 31 May 2001. Spent 8 years on active duty at Whiteman AFB working as a jet engine mechanic on the B-2. Crossed over to the Guard after 8 years. Did it as a full time technician for a year, then switched over to a traditional guardsman when I got a new civilian job with Northrop Grumman. Got my commission in 2012 as an Air Battle Manager for the Kansas Air National Guard, but I have kept my B-2 connection with my full-time civilian employment.

I worked aircraft maintenance for Northrop for several years, until landing my current aircrew instructor gig in 2015. Been working the dual track career for awhile now, but I am looking forward to finishing the IDES process and going to work for Northrop in an actual full-time capacity without something else pulling my attention away.

I current live about 45 minutes to the east of Kansas City and enjoy fixing things. I have a part-time electronics repair business I operate out of my basement. I am married with four beautiful girls. I accept venmo payments inlieu of condolenses to help pay for future weddings. :)

Looking forwarding to getting to know you all.

Brad
Hi Brad, I'm new to the group. I'm posting my letter from the DoD PDRB. I'm currently receiving 100% P&T from the VA, and was wondering based on their decision are they gonna reimburse me based on the new decision, though I won't be able to collect my retirement? I know I can't receive both at this time, just hope I'm not misinterpreting the 2nd paragraph.