What happens if you have a statement of charges?

They will take it out of your final pay.

what if its more then that.

I assume you are getting severance, or retirement? Which is it?

They generally take it from your final pay which was mentioned. What do you owe this money for? If it is for TA-50, were you MEDEVAC by any chance?

I had a statement of charges for missing TA-50 totaling almost 1K. In my WTU, the finance civilian pointed out to me I couldn't be charged for this gear because I was MEDEVAC. She called the WTU commander and sent a memorandum over to her stating this. The CO signed it, sent it to finance and I was cleared.

If you are medically retired, the statement of charges can also be arranged to be paid back over 12 months. If you are uncomfortable with giving specifics in here, IM me and I will help you. I learned a ton about this stuff.

Joe

I assume you are getting severance, or retirement? Which is it?

They generally take it from your final pay which was mentioned. What do you owe this money for? If it is for TA-50, were you MEDEVAC by any chance?

I had a statement of charges for missing TA-50 totaling almost 1K. In my WTU, the finance civilian pointed out to me I couldn't be charged for this gear because I was MEDEVAC. She called the WTU commander and sent a memorandum over to her stating this. The CO signed it, sent it to finance and I was cleared.

If you are medically retired, the statement of charges can also be arranged to be paid back over 12 months. If you are uncomfortable with giving specifics in here, IM me and I will help you. I learned a ton about this stuff.

Joe
Yea it will be for some ole ta50 from when we switched from bdu to acu, long story short our supply stayed back to turn it in cuz we just had to show up ACU, but it is for quite a bit and yea iam retiring.

I'd tell them you are not signing and they will have to do a FLIPL, or forgive the debt. Commanders have these options to forgive debt

Don't just roll over. Did you MEDEVAC?

My unit had to clear me from CIF while i was in rehab and did a FLIPIL for what i was missing, went smooth

I'd tell them you are not signing and they will have to do a FLIPL, or forgive the debt. Commanders have these options to forgive debt

Don't just roll over. Did you MEDEVAC?

The Army did a FLIPL on me and cleared me of my AD TA-50 (WTU). My NG Command had me do a sworn statement, and then after 6 months, the NG FINALLY got some NG Commander to "forgive" all the OUT-DATED TA-50 they made me take, too.

I got stuck in an Emergency Leave situation (NOT MEDEVACed) and I was never able to return to the theater and pack up ANY of my gear. I never got a single item sent back to me and was looking at several thousand dollars of gear.

Thank GOD for FLIPL's! The Active Army was good about it, but my NG sucked and it took almost 5 YEARS for them to get off the pot and DO something!

V/r,
nwlivewire

Also if you dont have enough to pay it with your final pay they will just get you when you file your taxes