What happens when removed from TDRL?

jellis23

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I go in next month to be reevaluated for the TDRL and I’m curious what happens if your removed? If so does that affect VA ratings?

I'm not to sure. I'm just a month or so ahead of you. I had my TDRL evaluation just over 2 weeks ago and I'm waiting for my results. I did hear that it does not affect your VA ratings. At least until the VA does their own evaluation on you. ( If that ever happens). But ya, it's pretty stressful waiting on the results. It's like being back in the military and waiting all over again. Also my TDRL exam was with the navy and lasted about 15 minutes max. All they seem to care about is paperwork.

Sailer22 were you near a naval station? What if i am not within a hours drive to a naval station or any military doctor. I wonder where we go.

Most TDRL exams are with civilian contractors if the exam states that you are better you will probably receive a lower rating and separated or retired depending on what your final percentage is. If the same or worst you will get a new rating and be placed on PDRL each case and retiree are different and in no way related to your VA ratings.

I live in Ohio and they made me go to Walter reed hospital in Maryland. It was like a 5 hour drive. So they will make you drive/fly if they want too. Although I guess I could of denied it and requested a closer exam by civilian. I didn’t really mind the drive though, and they are supposed to reimburse me for the trip/ hotel. Still waiting on that though.

Can anyone clarify why the DOD/PEB are able to have different percentages than the VA for the same condition? I thought the DOD/PEB had to use the VASRD or just carry the VA rating over to the case?

Can anyone clarify why the DOD/PEB are able to have different percentages than the VA for the same condition? I thought the DOD/PEB had to use the VASRD or just carry the VA rating over to the case?

It's not binding if the exam was older than six months they can come up with a different decision or order their own exam, anytime you're dealing with different agencies with their own budgets they tend to still want to retain control over their decisions no matter how identical another agency decision or action was.

It's not binding if the exam was older than six months they can come up with a different decision or order their own exam, anytime you're dealing with different agencies with their own budgets they tend to still want to retain control over their decisions no matter how identical another agency decision or action was.

@oddpedestrian So you're saying it's binding only if you have evidence that is newer than 6 months?

@oddpedestrian So you're saying it's binding only if you have evidence that is newer than 6 months?

If you have an exam that recent you have to push it but last minute they decided to still have me go to one it wasn't a big deal I still got the outcome I wanted. Not sure whats driving them to use the VA exams in certain cases and not others.

If you have an exam that recent you have to push it but last minute they decided to still have me go to one it wasn't a big deal I still got the outcome I wanted. Not sure whats driving them to use the VA exams in certain cases and not others.

@oddpedestrian Their practices, decision-making, and inconsistency is quite alarming. I've had medical examiners, PEBLO's etc in the past state "Yeah, the PEB pretty much does whatever they want." No one in the process should ever have to hear, let alone deal, with that. I've known of them to add completely separate medical issues as "amendments" or "secondary" so they can evaluate all as one. Thankfully, the VA breaks these down. That's why most people's VA ratings are higher.