What if...

gimartin

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I like these questions, don't you? Well, here it goes:

What if a Soldier has a MEB and a Chapter 18 (AWCP/weight control) discharge going simultaneously and the GCMA/chapter authority (or whoever it is that decides) decides on the Chapter 18 rather than a PDRL or medical discharge?

Has anyone ever heard of this happening. I asked my MEB doc one time and he said that they almost always choose the medical route. I am just curious if anyone has seen anything to the contrary.

Thanks!

ranger2992

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Anything is possible, but it is unlikely that would happen. Especially if your medical conditions contribute to the weight gain.

TSgt Twitch

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
The only persons that can ultimately decide that is the service secretary, if found unfit for continued service the MEB takes precedence. If found fit the command can proceed with the chp 18.. if the CC chooses, he can request a dual action package that essentially states the same thing but requires the service secretary to say the 18 takes precedence. that would be bad mojo and set a horrible standard for our forces I believe.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">