What info goes on the CDR's letter

russtans

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Guys,

Quick question as to what conditions go on the letter? Is it only issues associated with the condition that I am being boarded for, or any conditions that affect my performance?

Long story short I am being boarded for back issues, but have also been getting treatment for an anxiety disorder that I feel could be unfitting as well. He refused to add anything aboout the anxiety because its not what the board was initiated for.

If he should list the other conditions can anyone back that up with a regulation? I have been looking but haven't found anything specific.

Thanks for your help.

denmom117

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
As of right now you're only being boarded for your back issues so my understanding (based my commander's letter) is they only address the boarded issue(s). My commander's letter really wasn't a letter, he just had to answer specific questions and they all were in terms of my boarded condition, no mention of any other issues in his responses.

You can address your concerns in your letter to the informal board and if it comes down to it you can show why (through your medical documentation and I'd keep journal to document how it affects your duty days) you feel your anxiety disorder should be unfitting at the formal board.

russtans

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Denmom,

Thanks for the response. Yes that is the case, I just assumed that since it is a functinality statement that it would include any and all issues I have at work due to my medical conditions.

For your next point I didn't realize that I could write a letter to the informal board. I will look into that one.

Thanks again

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Letters vary by Service. You may get more replies if you add your branch of service. VR Mike

rajeev2liz

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
As of right now you're only being boarded for your back issues so my understanding (based my commander's letter) is they only address the boarded issue(s). My commander's letter really wasn't a letter, he just had to answer specific questions and they all were in terms of my boarded condition, no mention of any other issues in his responses.

You can address your concerns in your letter to the informal board and if it comes down to it you can show why (through your medical documentation and I'd keep journal to document how it affects your duty days) you feel your anxiety disorder should be unfitting at the formal board.
Wait a minute so the da7652 that the commander fills out is only about the stuff that's wrong with me? the reason am asking is I was given the task of writing mine.

denmom117

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Wait a minute so the da7652 that the commander fills out is only about the stuff that's wrong with me? the reason am asking is I was given the task of writing mine.
As @chaplaincharlie said above it varies by service. The AF doesn't use that form but I looked it up. As far as I can tell your commander should be completing the form not the service member but that's from an outsider's perspective. Hopefully someone with firsthand Army knowledge/experience will weigh in as to if this is the norm.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">