What next?

usarmy68v

Registered Member
Hello all. I was referred to MEB (P3 profile placed and signed by specialty clinic) on 28 March. I was told I would be contacted by a PEBLO within 3 business days, but it has been a couple weeks now and my P3 doesn't have the approving signature (second signature) yet. I reached out to my PCM and was told it could take up to 30 days for the approving authority to sign the P3 - but they also commented that if it doesn't get signed before the 30th day then the profile will expire automatically. Just looking for info on the process and what steps I should be taking to ensure everything is completed and such. My PCM didn't really provide any information beyond I will have a lot of appointments... Thanks.

Tech

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Normally when your PCM puts in a P3 profile, it will be routed to IDES/MEB office in your duty station for an MEB doctor (the final approving authority) to review your medical records before authorizing or denying the P3 profile which usually takes about 5-7 business days. Most cases of delay in signing the P3 profile, like in your case, is usually when your PCM routes your profile to an IDES/MEB office in a different base/installation. What you need to do now is to go to the IDES/MEB office in your base, and speak with anyone there that you have a P3 profile awaiting a final signature. They will pull up your information, and route your P3 accordingly.

Good luck. I hope this helps!!!

usarmy68v

Registered Member
Normally when your PCM puts in a P3 profile, it will be routed to IDES/MEB office in your duty station for an MEB doctor (the final approving authority) to review your medical records before authorizing or denying the P3 profile which usually takes about 5-7 business days. Most cases of delay in signing the P3 profile, like in your case, is usually when your PCM routes your profile to an IDES/MEB office in a different base/installation. What you need to do now is to go to the IDES/MEB office in your base, and speak with anyone there that you have a P3 profile awaiting a final signature. They will pull up your information, and route your P3 accordingly.

Good luck. I hope this helps!!!
I reached out to the PEBLO office at my duty station and after some bouncing around they said my profile was routed to another duty station, just like you said! So I have to wait for the MEB physician at my local station to pull it back and then review it and such. Hopefully it goes smoothly. Thanks for the info!

Lung35

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I reached out to the PEBLO office at my duty station and after some bouncing around they said my profile was routed to another duty station, just like you said! So I have to wait for the MEB physician at my local station to pull it back and then review it and such. Hopefully it goes smoothly. Thanks for the info!
Can I get an update on your process 68v to 68v.

usarmy68v

Registered Member
Can I get an update on your process 68v to 68v.
The remainder of the process was very fast. After my P3 received the second signature I met with the VA (within the same week) and filed my claim. Within three weeks of that I was done with my claim appointments. NARSUM was don’t within a week after that, unfit with a few days of that, and VA proposed ratings can’t the next day. Received ratings on a Friday and hit the transition list the following Monday.

All-in-all, initial P3 placed end of March and I was starting transition leave in August (took longer to start leave because I was overseas).

Lung35

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
The remainder of the process was very fast. After my P3 received the second signature I met with the VA (within the same week) and filed my claim. Within three weeks of that I was done with my claim appointments. NARSUM was don’t within a week after that, unfit with a few days of that, and VA proposed ratings can’t the next day. Received ratings on a Friday and hit the transition list the following Monday.

All-in-all, initial P3 placed end of March and I was starting transition leave in August (took longer to start leave because I was overseas).
Thank you!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">