When did you receive severence pay?

Ullose272

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
How long after you separated did you recieve severence pay? I just separeted from ANG on the second.

How long after you separated did you receive severance pay? I just separated from ANG on the second.
I read of one person who received his severance pay ten days after he separated; that does not mean it is the average. You can use the search feature at upper right of your screen to search this forum.

Good luck,
Ron

I've been on the line with DFAS several times who claim they never received my package.

I've been on the line with ARPC who claims the entire package has been completed. Considering I've got my NGB Form 22 in hand it shows that ARPC has completed my Final Out-processing. Every time I have contacted ARPC I have asked them to email me a synopsis of the situation, the conversation, and their findings (so I have a case file available for whatever arises.)

Call DFAS back and they say my previously owning base finance needs to input a CMS Case.

My local base finance, who I have worked closely with for nearly a decade, said that I'm officially discharged , they cannot CMS case me, and that anything they could submit (say for a still serving member) i have already done on my own.

I'm being a bit patient with DFAS due to some things I know happened behind the scenes during out-processing but am a few days shy of a filing a Congressional Complaint. The last time I did battle with DFAS over a false indebtedness situation it took me being patient, following my above steps, and my Congressman to fix.

Did I mention patient? It was 6 months of providing CMS cases, written proof, and several follow up interviews with the Congressional staff before DFAS acknowledged anything in writing, another 6ish months before they confirmed THEIR error, and another 6ish months before they sent my money back... for almost a year my Drill Checks were in the low $100 range...

Oh wow, that is awful! I hope that you can get some help soon, even if you have to take it as high as you are planning to. It is so unfortunate that these things happen.

Oh wow, that is awful! I hope that you can get some help soon, even if you have to take it as high as you are planning to. It is so unfortunate that these things happen.
I'm very fortunate in that my family did not need this payment to survive but it is still rightfully mine. Since the ARPC finalized discharge, I was calling DFAS as it was a simple(ish) process to work through and felt that it was the best way to professionally handle the situation. With the growing lack of support, DFAS' finger pointing in several different directions, and my patience running thin, I felt it was best to stop calling DFAS.

At this point, I will no longer call DFAS as I sent an official request through their website with tracking number. This will start the substantiating documentation needed for a Congressional Complaint.

I've been on the line with DFAS several times who claim they never received my package.

I've been on the line with ARPC who claims the entire package has been completed. Considering I've got my NGB Form 22 in hand it shows that ARPC has completed my Final Out-processing. Every time I have contacted ARPC I have asked them to email me a synopsis of the situation, the conversation, and their findings (so I have a case file available for whatever arises.)

Call DFAS back and they say my previously owning base finance needs to input a CMS Case.

My local base finance, who I have worked closely with for nearly a decade, said that I'm officially discharged , they cannot CMS case me, and that anything they could submit (say for a still serving member) i have already done on my own.

I'm being a bit patient with DFAS due to some things I know happened behind the scenes during out-processing but am a few days shy of a filing a Congressional Complaint. The last time I did battle with DFAS over a false indebtedness situation it took me being patient, following my above steps, and my Congressman to fix.

Did I mention patient? It was 6 months of providing CMS cases, written proof, and several follow up interviews with the Congressional staff before DFAS acknowledged anything in writing, another 6ish months before they confirmed THEIR error, and another 6ish months before they sent my money back... for almost a year my Drill Checks were in the low $100 range...
Did you get you NGB form 22 the day you separated or later? I got mine the day i separated with a reenlistment code of 6H, which is pending discharge-involuntary i wonder if that changes to something else?

I got mine around a month after my ETS. The delay is part of the behind-the-scenes stuff I mentioned. There were some delays not caused by me but were out of the hands of the parties processing me.

I got mine around a month after my ETS. The delay is part of the behind-the-scenes stuff I mentioned. There were some delays not caused by me but were out of the hands of the parties processing me.
What was your re enlistment code? Im just curious because mine basically says pending with the 6H, just wondering if it gets changed to something more permanent. Sorry about all of your struggles, probably why your severance has been so delayed

I'm very fortunate in that my family did not need this payment to survive but it is still rightfully mine. Since the ARPC finalized discharge, I was calling DFAS as it was a simple(ish) process to work through and felt that it was the best way to professionally handle the situation. With the growing lack of support, DFAS' finger pointing in several different directions, and my patience running thin, I felt it was best to stop calling DFAS.

At this point, I will no longer call DFAS as I sent an official request through their website with tracking number. This will start the substantiating documentation needed for a Congressional Complaint.
What number did you call about a status on severance? I called customer service but I’m not sure what category it falls under

What number did you call about a status on severance? I called customer service but I’m not sure what category it falls under
That is a good point about what "category."

I can offer that in my opinion, it does NOT come under retired pay since it is a separation payment.

Best bet:
Military Pay - Army/Navy/Air Force/Marine Corps888-332-7411, option 4, then option 38 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET

My rationale:

Department of Defense Financial Management Regulation (DoD FMR)

Volume 7B Chapters

Military Pay Policy - Retired Pay

------

Volume 7A Chapters

Military Pay Policy - Active Duty and Reserve Pay
Chapter 35 --Separation Payments

Ron

What was your re enlistment code? Im just curious because mine basically says pending with the 6H, just wondering if it gets changed to something more permanent. Sorry about all of your struggles, probably why your severance has been so delayed
ANG 6P
RonG provided it above.

Called told at
That is a good point about what "category."

I can offer that in my opinion, it does NOT come under retired pay since it is a separation payment.

Best bet:
Military Pay - Army/Navy/Air Force/Marine Corps888-332-7411, option 4, then option 38 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET

My rationale:

Department of Defense Financial Management Regulation (DoD FMR)

Volume 7B Chapters

Military Pay Policy - Retired Pay

------

Volume 7A Chapters

Military Pay Policy - Active Duty and Reserve Pay
Chapter 35 --Separation Payments

Ron
Called today to make sure they had my correct information for my separation and they did not provide me very much information. Just that my account is in audit status. They did not even have when my separation date was (7Feb). I’m a little worried now but hoping for the best

Sorry, the message didn’t post.

I was saying that I called the number listed and they were not able to give me very much information. All they could tell me was that my account was in audit status and that they did not know my separation date in the system. I’m worried but trying to remain hopeful

I got a message back from mypers saying

"Your case has been forwarded to the office of primary responsibility for review/action."

Whatever that means