When Will I get Paid? Awaiting MRP? P&T questions.

Char1234

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I was medically retired on Dec 27,2019 after 12 years . On today, I check ebenefits and noticed that my 100% has been finalized. I went on the website and it says that I am permanent and total.

1. In the paperwork that I will receive in the mail, will it specifically say which conditions are P&T or are all of them P&T?

2. Now that my claim is processed, when will I get paid?

3. I also saw there is a new claim opened and it says awaiting MRP, what does that mean? And will it affect when I get paid?

4. I also still dont have a retirement account in MyPay will that affect when i get pain ?

All in all i just want to know when I will get paid...lol

I was medically retired on Dec 27,2019 after 12 years . On today, I check ebenefits and noticed that my 100% has been finalized. I went on the website and it says that I am permanent and total.

1. In the paperwork that I will receive in the mail, will it specifically say which conditions are P&T or are all of them P&T?

2. Now that my claim is processed, when will I get paid?

3. I also saw there is a new claim opened and it says awaiting MRP, what does that mean? And will it affect when I get paid?

4. I also still dont have a retirement account in MyPay will that affect when i get pain ?

All in all i just want to know when I will get paid...lol
Hello,

1, The "T" is for total, so if you are rated 100%, you have a total 100% rating. If your award letter from the VA mentions Dependents’ Educational Assistance program, or DEA (chapter 35 of title 38, U. S. Code) benefits, that is an indicator you are P&T. The "P" is for permanent. Chapter 35 benefits accrue to a Veteran who is permanently and totally disabled as the result of, or dies of, a service-connected disability.

2. It is likely that your effective date for VA compensation is the first day you were in a retired status (day after separation). If you retired status began 27 December, the first month VA compensation would accrue would be for 1-31 January, which would normally paid on/about 1 February 2020.

3. Recommend you consult with your VSO and determine if that individual can provide precise info about the payments dates.

Good luck,
Ron