Who can I contact?

Jdannel

Registered Member
Hello everyone, I have been following along these forums for a few months. I have decided to post finally and see if I can get some answers. I am in the Florida Army National Guard as an Officer Candidate. I went to Fort Jackson for Basic Training and graduated October 6th, 2016. I was on crutches, had bone scans, MRIs, etc done and at the end of BCT, I was told my the doctors at Sick Call that I had a hip stress injury and grade 2 fracture; however, they continued to let me graduate.

I was supposed to be attending traditional OCS with my State's program; however, the medical NCO heard that I was on a profile and told me I couldn't continue, that I had to get a physical profile, and she was referring me to the MEDBOARD process, which that drill was the first weekend in November. I have done my research on the process and understand it can take some time. I keep checking my AKO, and I still "do not have an open case" under the IDES page. I was transferred back to normal RSP, where I will drill at, doing nothing physical at all, until I get cleared by the State Surgeon's office. I also have an Line of Duty that I brought back from BCT; however, I cannot find anything regarding that on my AKO. I have been attending physical therapy for over 2 months now and have a doctors note because my temp profile expired. How do I renew it or is a doctor's note sufficient?

Am I supposed to just wait until something happens? How long should I keep waiting, or who can I contact to see where it is at in the process since the medical NCO that stated was going to refer me to MEDBOARD, is not responding my emails..

Thank you and sorry for the long message, if you have any more questions, please ask.

You medical NCO cannot refer you to the MEB. After you are done healing, your provider will reevaluate you and see if you are clear to return to full duty or need to get more treatment or a permanent profile. You won't see anything on the IDES dashboard in AKO until you've been officially put in the process and been assigned a PEBLO. Your medical NCO is probably just using the term "med board" to cover anyone that is in some sort of medical process. Also, OCS is considered an IET school and you cannot attend with a profile.

You medical NCO cannot refer you to the MEB. After you are done healing, your provider will reevaluate you and see if you are clear to return to full duty or need to get more treatment or a permanent profile. You won't see anything on the IDES dashboard in AKO until you've been officially put in the process and been assigned a PEBLO. Your medical NCO is probably just using the term "med board" to cover anyone that is in some sort of medical process. Also, OCS is considered an IET school and you cannot attend with a profile.
Since I am in the national guard, and only attend RSP once a month, can my civilian doctor somehow provide me with an army profile or do I have to travel to an MTF on a base to get that? I have had multiple NCOIC of both RSP and OCS preparations tell me that the State Surgeon's office and the MedBoard process has to clear me before I attend any more training. So how do I go about getting a permanent profile?

Since I am in the national guard, and only attend RSP once a month, can my civilian doctor somehow provide me with an army profile or do I have to travel to an MTF on a base to get that? I have had multiple NCOIC of both RSP and OCS preparations tell me that the State Surgeon's office and the MedBoard process has to clear me before I attend any more training. So how do I go about getting a permanent profile?

Your civilian doctor cannot give you a military profile. However, a military provider will provide a profile off of a civilian doctor's recommendations. All you should have to do is email a copy to your medical NCO and he should know what to do with it. I say email so that you have proof that you sent it. If the medical NCO is ignoring you, ask whoever is in charge of you what the procedure is for filing an IG complaint. That should get them motivated.

I am trying to decide if its worth the wait for the MedBoard process to continue for maybe a year to find the possibility of being fit to go back to OCS or unfit and getting discharged anyway or just take a General Discharge with a RE Code 2, where I can re enlist in 6 months and go through AIT and go through ROTC.. What are your thoughts?

Back