Who do I go to about a possible error to my Air National Guard Retirement?


Registered Member
I was medically retired from the Air National Guard in 2015 after 16 years of service. Six months prior to my separation, I received my disability rating from the VA at 90%. The Guard used the findings from the VA as verification that I was no longer fit for duty, but at the same time the letter of intent I was given to sign stated that my medical conditions were not service connected. When I challenged this, I was told that I HAD to sign it because this would be the only way I would be able to retire medically and that it didn't matter anyway because I couldn't receive VA disability and retirement at the same time before I turned 60. I have since learned that this information is false and would like to know how I can go about changing my records and retirement info. Who do I need to go thru? Do I need to hire an attorney or is this something I can do myself?
data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">