Who is responsible?

madfox2pred

Registered Member
So DoDD 1241.01 states:

(2) When an RC Service member is on active duty (AD) or full-time National Guard duty (FTNGD) for a period of more than 30 days and, at the scheduled end of that period, has an unresolved in-LOD condition that may render the member unfit for duty under the Disability Evaluation System (DES), but this has not yet been determined by the DES, the member: (a) Will, with his or her consent, be retained on AD or FTNGD until:
1. Outstanding in-LOD conditions are resolved;

This describes my situation. My orders end next month. So my questions is WHO is required to keep me on orders? My squadron? The med group while I go through the process?

From what people have seen, how much pushback should I expect? This is all new for me and I'm just trying to get geared up for what's to come as I go through the waiver process. Thanks in advance.

Padgettra

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So DoDD 1241.01 states:

(2) When an RC Service member is on active duty (AD) or full-time National Guard duty (FTNGD) for a period of more than 30 days and, at the scheduled end of that period, has an unresolved in-LOD condition that may render the member unfit for duty under the Disability Evaluation System (DES), but this has not yet been determined by the DES, the member: (a) Will, with his or her consent, be retained on AD or FTNGD until:
1. Outstanding in-LOD conditions are resolved;

This describes my situation. My orders end next month. So my questions is WHO is required to keep me on orders? My squadron? The med group while I go through the process?

From what people have seen, how much pushback should I expect? This is all new for me and I'm just trying to get geared up for what's to come as I go through the waiver process. Thanks in advance.
My experience is that the Medical Group is responsible for the orders. Normally the orders are for 30 day periods and you will experience delays at every 30 day interval. I think they are 10 USC 1203(H) medical continuation orders. I was on them twice and the times counts towards your 60 years of age reduction for each 90 day period. Stay on them because your injury or illness was on active duty thus you should stay on orders until it is resolved. You will get pressure from the MED Group to return to your civilian job, so just stay the course and continue tp press for MEDCON orders. Best of luck. Ron P

madfox2pred

Registered Member
So are most in agreement that this instruction is referring to MedCon and it's the med groups responsibility?

flyin_dutchman

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I was also in the same situation, and referred to this DoDD. More info is needed: do you have an LOD right now? You might also use the information in 36-2910 para 1.3.8 as well as look at the MedCon AFI.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">