Why did my doctor lie on my Narsum or am I in the wrong?

Finance_Troop

Registered Member
I'm confused with my narsum. I've been seeking help through mental health for years. Several doctors and bases later, the current doctor writting my narsum says that there's instability due in my medication.

Usually I would see a doctor on base, get prescribed a medication, see him/her the following next month and if things improved, we'd go up or stay at the same dosage, if things weren't getting better, we would try a different medication. I've been on a lot. Some I feel like they're helping, but then realize that they're not (could be a placebo effect)

He also said that I was paying out of pocket for a psychiatrist when in reality I was just paying out of pocket for a therapist (since he was out of network)

overall the summary makes it out to be like things haven't improved with my condition because I wasn't following the regiment that was given to me. I have improved to extent but feel that I have hit a plateau

There was only one case where I stopped my medication before I got to see my doctor and that's because I had no sense of where I was, I would forget things, say things at random and drive on the wrong side of the road. Should I try to get the narsum changed?

People say to fight this but when you deal with social anxiety, this is the kind of stuff you don't want to fight. Almost like you're just a pushover and just let things happen. /

Some people will say whatever they have to say to get that high percentage rating, I just want this to be over with, its stressful and draining on the brain.

Warrior644

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I'm confused with my narsum. I've been seeking help through mental health for years. Several doctors and bases later, the current doctor writting my narsum says that there's instability due in my medication.

Usually I would see a doctor on base, get prescribed a medication, see him/her the following next month and if things improved, we'd go up or stay at the same dosage, if things weren't getting better, we would try a different medication. I've been on a lot. Some I feel like they're helping, but then realize that they're not (could be a placebo effect)

He also said that I was paying out of pocket for a psychiatrist when in reality I was just paying out of pocket for a therapist (since he was out of network)

overall the summary makes it out to be like things haven't improved with my condition because I wasn't following the regiment that was given to me. I have improved to extent but feel that I have hit a plateau

There was only one case where I stopped my medication before I got to see my doctor and that's because I had no sense of where I was, I would forget things, say things at random and drive on the wrong side of the road. Should I try to get the narsum changed?

People say to fight this but when you deal with social anxiety, this is the kind of stuff you don't want to fight. Almost like you're just a pushover and just let things happen. /

Some people will say whatever they have to say to get that high percentage rating, I just want this to be over with, its stressful and draining on the brain.
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Indeed, I can completely comprehend since I was officially diagnosed with PTSD + MDD with severe psychotic episodes back in 2011, but was living with it since 2007. Now, ten plus years later, I am still dealing with the PTSD + MDD with severe psychotic episodes symptomology unfortunately.

But, when I was in the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process, it took me a total of 618 calendar days to complete because my documentation wasn't accurate (e.g, filled with lies) and I decided to appeal/fight the injustice until the end. I am extremely pleased that I fought the injustice to get what I earned/deserved from the military due to disability.

That all said, I would highly encourage you to do the same; please appeal/fight any injustices now while still in the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process. It shall significantly benefit you and your family in the future; at least in my opinion. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">