Wrong Titled Diagnosis?

BrokenC23

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
In my board paperwork that went to the IPEB, the VA doctor listed my foot condition as Bilateral Hallux Valgus instead of 5276 Flatfoot, acquired or 5284 Foot injuries, other. Is this something that the VA will transcribe once it gets to them?

They should fix the error...but, if they do not, you can ask for a rating reconsideration. Seems to me that it would matter if they did not fix it because you likely would not meet any rating criteria under Hallux Valgus, while you may under the other codes. An interesting "feature" of the VA in the IDES is that because of the short time frame and you not going through any of the traditional levels of appeals while still in the military, is that it is difficult to assert the right, under VA law, to have them consider any applicable theories of granting an award. You can appeal afterwards, in the traditional system, but it seems to me that this is a problem because it can keep a member from getting their correct ratings before discharge/retirement (which is one of the goals of the system).

They should fix the error...but, if they do not, you can ask for a rating reconsideration. Seems to me that it would matter if they did not fix it because you likely would not meet any rating criteria under Hallux Valgus, while you may under the other codes. An interesting "feature" of the VA in the IDES is that because of the short time frame and you not going through any of the traditional levels of appeals while still in the military, is that it is difficult to assert the right, under VA law, to have them consider any applicable theories of granting an award. You can appeal afterwards, in the traditional system, but it seems to me that this is a problem because it can keep a member from getting their correct ratings before discharge/retirement (which is one of the goals of the system).

I forgot a note...this is NOT my duty limited condition, something they found in the VA exam. Would this be something I would have to do post military?!