Aircraft Injury

Anyday

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Has anyone been approved for an injury caused by an aircraft? I was on the flightline (in Afghanistan, not that it matters), when an aircraft part crushed me--the part weighing 750+ pounds, I suffered crush injuries, obviously, leading to multiple surgeries later on and these injuries are rated by the VA. I have seen on the CRSC website guide that things like "hand slammed in hatch door" or like "an armored vehicle hitting you while playing soccer" as approved examples under "Instrumentality of War" so I was wondering if anyone thinks this would count or if they have applied with something like this and been approved. I have other combat injuries anyway, from explosions and a severe TBI and so on, so if not, it is not a big deal but I just thought I would ask if anyone would think I should add it. Thank you in advance for your time!

Regardless of any opinions, apply and find out.

Agreed, apply and find out. I have seen a variety of injuries deemed "combat-related" on the PEB-side, to include crushing injuries due to a jersey barrier being dropped on one's foot, but, like I said, that was on the PEB-side. What branch were you?

Apply for all conditions. As long as you have evidence and records for your conditions, let your branch of service decide. Don’t downplay your disabilities that YOU think won’t qualify for CRSC. Good luck battle buddy!
Too many vets down play their injuries. Too many years of suck it up buttercup.

Too many vets down play their injuries. Too many years of suck it up buttercup.
Hahah this is so very true.. my wrist was broken in an incident on the flightline and I calmly showed my expediter and asked if I could go to medical to get it checked out and he was freaking out like “oh my go*, that looks broken, that is bad..unfortunately, we have a red ball on 36 so I need you to go take care of that instead”. It was not until years later of them pencil whipping our yearly check ups and exams and not allowing us to go to medical that I learned that I should not ask, I had to tell and just do it, but by then, I had already learned to just suck it up. And I did find myself down playing a lottttt when I went through the med board and VA. In my defense though, I was trying to convince them to keep me in and not medically release me.