Army Enlisted Early Separation Program

Jason Perry

Founder and Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I just finished reading the message, and it is very concerning to me in regards to soldiers who are potential entrants into the IDES process. I can see a soldier who has been sick for a while, yet not put forward for MEB. They will be frustrated with the Army, and at their wits end. Along comes the Commander and says "hey we can put you in for the MEB, but that process lasts over a year, or we can have you out in two weeks and you can go to the VA" A young frustrated soldier will almost always take the quick way if they don't know about the potential benefits they are waiving.

Joe

@ranger2992,

Yes, that is a worry...and why, overall, I have created the forum for drawdown and separations. There will likely be overlap between those issues and the IDES process.

I just finished reading the message, and it is very concerning to me in regards to soldiers who are potential entrants into the IDES process. I can see a soldier who has been sick for a while, yet not put forward for MEB. They will be frustrated with the Army, and at their wits end. Along comes the Commander and says "hey we can put you in for the MEB, but that process lasts over a year, or we can have you out in two weeks and you can go to the VA" A young frustrated soldier will almost always take the quick way if they don't know about the potential benefits they are waiving.

Joe
This is true ..... And agree with this .. When I was in I heard about the MEDboard so many times and when my unit pushed me so much to get out I wanted MED instead the separated me out without letting me know ..