BrenDan

Registered Member
I was diagnosed with narcolepsy type II last year by a civilian sleep center (recruiter) and was prescribed Adderall. I had the overnight sleep study and the multiple sleep latency test. I checked with my command, and they gave me the green light to take it so long as I had the appropriate medical paperwork.

I checked into a new command, and they wanted to submit the paperwork for it to higher (not sure who, but I was told it was submitted to a med board. I was given a letter, can't remember if it was a 5 or 30-day letter. I gave them all the necessary documents, including second opinions from other doctors who agreed with the diagnosis. I am still on independent duty away from military medical facilities.

No clue what's going on now. Can anybody help me figure out what I'm supposed to do?

November 2022: diagnosed with Narcolepsy Type II, prescribed Adderall
February 2023: Original diagnosis paperwork along with two second opinions agreeing with the original diagnosis
June 2023: ??? I haven't heard anything. I never filled out any paperwork; I only turned my documents over to my commanding officer.