CRSC

hmv88

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Does anyone know why and when the backlog of CRSC claims will be whittled down? I was told 12 months to process the claim not including backpay etc

Does anyone know why and when the backlog of CRSC claims will be whittled down? I was told 12 months to process the claim not including backpay etc
The Army's processing cycle has been around 11-12 months for approximately one year. It does not seem to improve as far as timeliness is concerned. The Army's CRSC processing element is a civilian contractor.

Reasons? It could be any number of things, such as inadequate staffing; inexperience; ineptness; increase in the volume of applications; multiple reasons.

Suggestions: Voice a complaint with the CSM of the Human Resources Command (who might tell you he does not control a contractor); call the White House hotline; or contact your senator or representative in DC. After seeing numerous comments of dissatisfaction (elsewhere) concerning this matter, I would choose the latter.

Good luck,
Ron

I just received my approval with a letter dated 26 April 2018. I mailed the application to HRC on 13 June 2017. I called about 6 weeks ago to check on the status and they told me to expect a full 12 months.

My packet was received on Aug 7 2017! So I'm hoping by June-July time frame

I just received my approval with a letter dated 26 April 2018. I mailed the application to HRC on 13 June 2017. I called about 6 weeks ago to check on the status and they told me to expect a full 12 months.

I don't understand exactly how they are managing the caseload. I submitted mine on 5 June 2017 (originally submitted in August 2016, but had to wait almost a year for my VA waiver to hit the records. That's a whole other story.) and still haven't heard anything. I called last week and they told me the standard response of "it's processing." There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the order in which they process them.

Ref: " I called last week and they told me the standard response of 'it's processing'."

I don't doubt you were told that; I heard the same a few years ago.

It does not take 10-12 months of processing to complete a decision regarding CRSC. The application lies dormant for the majority of the elapsed time. Most of the actual processing occurs when the application rises to top of the stack of work, either figuratively or literally. Just my opinion based on experience working in a high-volume processing unit with inadequate staffing.

The Empire State Building took only one year and 45 days to build.

I suspect they (the contractor) is understaffed for the mission...

Ron

Ref: " I called last week and they told me the standard response of 'it's processing'."

I don't doubt you were told that; I heard the same a few years ago.

It does not take 10-12 months of processing to complete a decision regarding CRSC. The application lies dormant for the majority of the elapsed time. Most of the actual processing occurs when the application rises to top of the stack of work, either figuratively or literally. Just my opinion based on experience working in a high-volume processing unit with inadequate staffing.

The Empire State Building took only one year and 45 days to build.

I suspect they (the contractor) is understaffed for the mission...

Ron

I am well aware that the processing time does not require a full 10-12 months and that the application remains dormant during that period. I was pointing out that there seems to exists no order of precedence in which applications are processed. It would be my best assumption, knowing that the task is being contracted, that there is likely a staffing deficiency for the amount of submitted applications. That being stated, hopefully the issue of long processing times is a priority for Army HRC and that Soldiers receive their earned benefits in a more timely manner than what currently exists.

I understood that you were likely aware of the processing. I offered an opinion about the reasons, that is all.
It was not an attack on your ability to deduce the reason. As far as I know, they work the applications first in; first out.

Good luck,
Ron

Ridiculous how long it is taking to process these claims