Fort Riley Med Board Questions

wuddup332

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
VA just received the full packet, Waiting on MEB physician to call to go over narsum, how long is normal wait time right now???

VA DRAS has to release your DBQ packet to your Peblo first before it can be sent over to a MEB provider.

Once peblo has packet it usually takes 5-14 days for NARSUM to come back

So appt with Med board physician is the 14th, then I'm assuming signing narsum will happen the following week? What are VA and DOD time lines looking like right now to get %'s back as well as what is the orders timeline looking like right now?

So appt with Med board physician is the 14th, then I'm assuming signing narsum will happen the following week? What are VA and DOD time lines looking like right now to get %'s back as well as what is the orders timeline looking like right now?

I never had an appointment with MEB Physician so i don't know what that entails.

My last appointment was 3/6 and there was a delay from LHI on the DBQ's so my PEBLO called me on the 3/23 to let me know they had gotten my VA packet back and the NARSUM was being written up. I received NARSUM on 3/30 and signed it on 4/3 after legal review with SMEBCC.

The SMEBCC Lawyers quoted to the following timelines since my packet was sent today to PEB with expedite memo.

10 days for PEB to confirm unfit for duty
14-21 days for PEB to receive VA ratings and offer them to me aka the DA199
5-10 days after signing DA199 you will get your orders with NLT date

So the 14th is a phone call i guess to go over the NARSUM with the provider then im assuming signing will be the following week with the peublo?

Not really sure why there has to be a gap in between narsum being finished and signing, why cant that be done the same day?

Not really sure why there has to be a gap in between narsum being finished and signing, why cant that be done the same day?

I went over my NARSUM with my Peblo via teams. I had the option to sign right then and there but he recommended I talk to legal just to make sure everything was good to go before shipping it off to PEB

If you agree with your NARSUM then yes you can sign it that day

okay! and the unit should allow all leave to be taken as terminal leave right? also how do we ask about the PTDY leave for getting out? Would that be a question for the pueblo? or the unit?

okay! and the unit should allow all leave to be taken as terminal leave right? also how do we ask about the PTDY leave for getting out? Would that be a question for the pueblo? or the unit?

It seems to be different based on your command. I’ve seen people in other units take 60-90 days of terminal.

One of the guys who just got out of my unit had to do 20 days of TAA/MEB leave and then a secondary 30 days of terminal leave and then sell the rest of his leave.

Chain of command makes that decision.

Once you accept your ratings on DA199 and transitions cuts your orders you can work with transitions and your commander to adjust your NLT date in conjunction to take your leave and GTFO

okay after narsum is signed, how long until claim can be checked on va.gov??

You won’t be able to see VA ratings until PEB get the ratings back from VA and puts your 199 packet together

Only thing you can see if case closed on VA

You won’t be able to see VA ratings until PEB get the ratings back from VA and puts your 199 packet together

Only thing you can see if case closed on VA
not Va ratings, i mean like even see the claim or see it being closed on va or even being able to see that it has been assigned a rater

not Va ratings, i mean like even see the claim or see it being closed on va or even being able to see that it has been assigned a rater

You won’t be able to see if it’s assigned to a rater. I had to call in for that.

I just checked everyday and 6 days after my PEB unfit determination my claim closed on the VA app.

There will be a bare bones letter in your VA app but then with your 199 you’ll get a long ass VA proposed ratings document.

You won’t be able to see if it’s assigned to a rater. I had to call in for that.

I just checked everyday and 6 days after my PEB unfit determination my claim closed on the VA app.

There will be a bare bones letter in your VA app but then with your 199 you’ll get a long ass VA proposed ratings document.
How long after is closed on VA did you get % as well as how long after is closed did you get your 199?

How long after is closed on VA did you get % as well as how long after is closed did you get your 199?

4/11 closed on VA.Gov
4/14 DA199 and VA proposed ratings emailed to me.

The packet comes together from PEB and your peblo goes through the entire thing with you.

4/11 closed on VA.Gov

The packet comes together from PEB and your peblo goes through the entire thing with you.
okay! and how long after narsum sent to PEB did you get unfit and ratings?

4/11 closed on VA.Gov

nvm i saw on another thread, I wonder if the reason yours was so fast is because of the expedite memo? or if they are moving that quickly right now? Pueblo said VA doesn't usually listen to expedite memo so hopefully that is just how fast they are moving right now!

4/21- signed narsum and sent to PEB
5/2- found unfit and sent to VA, has rater and is at last step of decision

I have a expedite memo, but feel like its not working :mad:

4/21- signed narsum and sent to PEB
5/2- found unfit and sent to VA, has rater and is at last step of decision

I have a expedite memo, but feel like its not working :mad:
I have nearly the same timeline, my ratings closed on the 4th and my peblo said that since the VA has returned ratings the DoD shouldn't be too much longer. Almost done!