FPEB for Chron's

Magnum783

Registered Member
I was diagnosed with Chron's over 18months ago. It took the Air Force 18mnths to get around to doing this stupid IPEB well when they finished that and returned me my findings. They gave me 10% and a severance package. I felt this is way under what I am owed for a disease which even they themselves say is incurable. I have requested a formal review board and am asking what do I need to do to get ready for this? What information do I need to bring? Is in my best interest to get a civilian lawyer? I am quite unsure as to which way to go. Any advice is appreciated.
Jared

FPEB for Chron's- Straightforward Guidance

Dear Friend,

1. Begin by reviewing the rating criteria for Crohn's and other possible unfitting conditions that you will find on this web site.

2. Start compiling all new medical evidence since the submission of your package as well ensuring that you have a complete copy of your treatment records.

3. Next, start crafting nonmedical evidence letters to be signed by peers, coworkers and supervisors describing how your condition affects your ability to perform your duties.

4. If you seek civilian counsel, be sure that he or she has ample experience in these settings and with your condition. Jason and I both practice in these settings, but there are very few others who do.

5. If you elect to hire civilian counsel, be sure that he or she has reviewed your records and can speak intelligently as to what he or she could do to help you before making that decision.

v/r

Jack Gately

Where exactly do you find these ratings on this. Also what should I expect so spend if I seek civilian council and is this an advisable thing. The letters I am already working on from both co-workers and supervisors as well as the commander. Just looking to learn if this an advisable to thing to persue or not?
Jared

I have had Crohn's for almost 4 years and that is one of my conditions for my PEB. I hope that dont give me the runaround. One good thing is that when I went to the VA they didnt even ask about the Crohn's because they said they had plenty of evidence and that it is well documented. God bless to all of you and good luck. Active bud!