Getting Ready to start MEB@ Andrews for Combat Injuries

Results Are In!!!

Well I got the results from my IPEB.....90% TDRL.

CAT I Conditions (Compensable & Ratable)

1. Obstructive Sleep Apnea 50%
2. PTSD---> Should be PTSD/TBI--typo on AF Form 356 50%
3. Postconcussive vascular-type headaches(rated as Migraine headaches) 30%
4. Vertigo 10%
5. Tinnitus 10%

(ITEMS 1-5 ARE COMBAT RELATED INJURIES)

6. Right Wrist Pain, status-post TMJ tear(rated as post rt wrist fracture) 10%
--------
88%

CATAGORY II-- CONDITIONS THAT CAN BE UNFITTING BUT ARE NOT CURRENTLY COMPENSABLE OR RATABLE

7. TMJ 20% (RATED BY VA ONLY)
8. Acne on Trunk, Back, Legs 10% (RATED BY VA ONLY)

There were some other items--athlete's foot, vericose veins, etc. which I got 0% rating for. I was dissappointed I got NOTHING--not even 0%--for hearing loss--even though I have a 20dbz loss...you have to lose 40dbz for it to count!! I got denied anything for Eustachian Tube Dysfunction...even though last week I had my 3rd ear surgery to correct the problem and now I have PERMANENT ear tubes in my ears. I can never go swimming again, nor fly in a plane without PAIN!!

Anyways, I will probably accept...both VA and AF rating rounded to 90%. The AF followed the VA rating decision almost to the "T". The only thing I was unsure of is the VA said they couldn't distinguish the symptoms of PTSD from the symptoms of TBI. Therefore, they combined them into one rating of 50%. If they had rated me for both PTSD and TBI I probably would have been closer to 70%(40% TBI + 50% PTSD=70% VA fuzzy math)...but I think it will probably be a wash on the re-eval anyway. It may be easier on the re-eval to prove "somethings wrong" rather than distinguish the two and I don't think an appeal would be wise.

Only thing I am waiting on is somebody goofed on the AF paperwork and it say PTSD for the second condition where it should say PTSD/TBI. I think this is a typo since the VA paperwork is correct and the diagnostic codes to the side lists both the code for TBI and PTSD. Obviously, I can't sign until this is corrected to reflect the proper diagnosis--lest I didn't show any PTSD symptoms on re-eval(only TBI symptoms) with the way it is worded now they could drop that condition!!

Nate