I ETS and I was under medical evaluation and did know it and I ETS, what can I do?

dogfighter

Registered Member
Now here I go 1st thing. Did not know that I was under medical evaluation for my field exercise injury-(Cranial Contusion, Contusion Cervial Spine, Contusion of Lumbar Vertibral Column) This injury is stated as being Chronic threw out my medical records. I had a T3 profile for the injury, that expiration on the 18 Dec1989 and I ETS on the 5DEC 1989. Without a medical board!!! I filed for VA benefits a couple months after my ETS date and got only 10%What can I do??? 2nd thing, Had 2 eye injuies first one I was hit in the eye during a field training exercise, second eye injury 18Mar1989. I was jabbed in the eye( Eye Concussion with pain and pressure), after the injury my vision went from blurry to double vision with Strabismus within one year, 10%!!! 3rd thing, I Became a Urticaria that the Dr. stated in medical records as being Chronic-Intermittent-Severe-Acute-Recurrent-Difficult and Bizzare form of Urticaria!!! I had many-many attacks 6 were documented within a year, and 4 of them I was taken by ambulance to the emergency room because of allergic shock, ANALPHYLACTIC REATION I had a lot of close calls!!! I am getting 0%!!! All injuries are service connected! The field excercise injuries were not rated!!! Can someone give me a tip on what to do???

I ETS and I was under medical evaluation and did know it and I ETS, what can I do

Sorry to hear of your injuries. It is an issue that you have waited this long to address the failure to evaluate your injuries. The first step would appear to be an appeal to the BCMR. If that does not work, since you appear to not have had a PEB, you can file suit in Federal court.

You would need to focus on both unfitness and the rating for your conditions.

I ETS and I was under medical evaluation and did know it and I ETS, what can I do

Many thanks Jason!!! I will try to get my C-file and do you think that I should get a Lawyer to do the job or a VSO?

I would not recommend a VSO in this type of situation because you need to cover all the issues that you might raise later in court. An attorney would likely be better suited to the task.