My Time Line up until signing findings

Cherrypicker

Registered Member
Hey guys, I have used this website a ton while I have gone through this process. This is most definitely not a transparent process and not much courtesy is provided to the service members for planning for separation. The posts and timelines I have found on here have been very helpful so I am returning the favor.

Injured: December 2016
Limdu #1: February 2017
Limdu # 2 July 2017
Decision to submit to PEB: Early December 2017
Submit package to PEB: Mid December (QTC appointments took about a week).
PEB Accepts case: December 27, 2017
Unofficially unfit and submit to VA: Late January, 2018
VA offers proposed rating: February 14, 2018
PEB submits findings to PEBLO: March 24, 2018

Now I will be waiting for my MOL to update for my EAS date (from reading around this may take a month in itself, then another 30-45 days until I am out (so two months about?).

My only concern at this point is the rush that will ensue once my EAS date updates. Typically, separating service members have several months to plan ahead to ship all of their belongings and secure residence in their new locations. If my MOL updates with 30 days out, I will only then (at least as explained to me) be able to schedule my move and ship my belongings. If anyone has gone through this part of the cycle please share your experiences so I can gauge what to expect, because honestly I have no clue.

Thanks to this community and I hope this timeline is of use to someone. I will check back until I am up and out (at which point I will post a final summary for information to others).

I didn't get a message in MOL. It just updated in my BIR. However I did receive a email. I signed my findings on March 15th and got my new EAS on the 26th