problems after pdbr

edwards7986

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hey, I was awarded retirement through pdbr last june, back dated to 2006, and since its been a cluster.
I got my id cards and tricare than was taken off pdrl, then called and placed back on that was a mess(took 2 months to get back on pdrl)
But now i am trying to apply for crsc, and my v.a. waiver keeps getting taken off, dfas says the v.a. did it and va says i dont need it because over 50 percent get concurrent receipt.

I don't qualify for cdrp,( i only served 7 years i havent' been getting my retirement, but now dfas is schedule me to start recieving retired pay(not crsc) in may, v.a. says no change in my pay from them, but now i have no v.a. waiver so my crsc application is screwed up again. so no back pay.

Has anybody had issues post pdbr like this.

@RonG is the finance guru on this site. Hope he can provide you some guidance.

Hey, I was awarded retirement through pdbr last june, back dated to 2006, and since its been a cluster.
I got my id cards and tricare than was taken off pdrl, then called and placed back on that was a mess(took 2 months to get back on pdrl)
But now i am trying to apply for crsc, and my v.a. waiver keeps getting taken off, dfas says the v.a. did it and va says i dont need it because over 50 percent get concurrent receipt.

I don't qualify for cdrp,( i only served 7 years i havent' been getting my retirement, but now dfas is schedule me to start recieving retired pay(not crsc) in may, v.a. says no change in my pay from them, but now i have no v.a. waiver so my crsc application is screwed up again. so no back pay.

Has anybody had issues post pdbr like this.
1. Your retired pay will be reduced by the dollar amount of your VA compensation. Many CH 61 retirees end up with zero retired pay due to the reduction/waiver. If your DFAS RAS does not show the waiver, something is wrong. You get to keep any residual/left over retired pay from the waiver.

2. Based on the info you provided, you are not eligible for CRDP.

3. Approved CRSC (by service) might replace some of the waived retired pay. A collection of CRSC info is available for download at
Supplement to CRSC Information <—-CRSC Link

4. The combination of CRSC plus residual retired pay cannot exceed the dollar amount of the longevity portion of your retirement pay.

Ron

Thankyou for the reply guys...
So today i found out why they took away the v.a. waiver...........it is so the army can recoup the severance pay that i got when originally discharged, the thing is though the v.a. recouped it 12 years ago, i didn't get a va payment for the first 3 and a half years because it was paying back my severance pay....

Is this how things usually go guys? Frustrating because dfas or va wont help, they just say "i don't know"..basically.............do i have to get a lawyer to fix this??

Hi,
A lot of individuals have difficulty with Dfas and PDBR backpay corrections. Place Tinker2 on the search line. This should bring you to the messages Tinker2 placed explaining the process they used to resolve Dfas pay problems, as well as guidance to correct the issues. Tinker2 Also provides the e-mail addresses for Defas leadership......Hope this helps......Best of luck!

Edward, Just correcting...type in Tinker2cute in the seach bar not Tinker2....

I am here!!! lol please email me. ([email protected]) I do not work for DFAS or V.A. I am a spouse of a VET who's been right where you are. Also quick update. We still are fighting the VA. Still no change in the pay, still no back pay. They owe us over 45 grand in back and the increase the VA is suppose to pay us. I am getting ready for work now. but I will update what is happening NOW. lol

I will share an email address again here for those having issues with DFAS. the VA, well we all know how that works...It doesn't. Once I get to work I will hop back on and update and put out information for DFAS rep a bunch of us used.

@ tinker.........thankyou so much for reply, i will be in touch with you if things go south again, i am going to give things a little time to settle. im waiting to see if crsc buggers things up and go from there..........im just happy i got tricare now for my family........