Ratings increase after I'm on TDRL?

mr pig

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to get a rating increase while I'm on Tdrl? I didn't have it in me to do a formal board as I've been struggling badly lately. My main concern is my mental rating was a 70-but from what I'm looking at I should be rated a 80 or 90 for it. How do I go about this?

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to get a rating increase while I'm on Tdrl? I didn't have it in me to do a formal board as I've been struggling badly lately. My main concern is my mental rating was a 70-but from what I'm looking at I should be rated a 80 or 90 for it. How do I go about this?
Are you talking about changing your DoD or VA rating?

There is no 80% or 90% rating for mental disorders. After 70% it jumps to 100%. Here is the criteria for 100%...

Total occupational and social impairment, due to such symptoms as: gross impairment in thought processes or communication; persistent delusions or hallucinations; grossly inappropriate behavior; persistent danger of hurting self or others; intermittent inability to perform activities of daily living (including maintenance of minimal personal hygiene); disorientation to time or place; memory loss for names of close relatives, own occupation, or own name.

Hang in there man.. I hope everything works out.
Please don't hesitate to reach our for help if you need to.
This process is beyond stressful.
Gsfowler is correct on ratings.. I recommend you double check the physiological rating scale and determine if you still feel you should be 100%. Be sure to find a good Advocate for you when out, this will help you when you decide to fight for a higher rating of course.

Are you talking about changing your DoD or VA rating?

VA rating.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm just lucky they put it at 70 I suppose. I would have accepted anything just to leave.

VA rating.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm just lucky they put it at 70 I suppose. I would have accepted anything just to leave.
I would consider getting additional conditions added versus trying to increase mental health%