Sabo v. US (PTSD Class Action) Motion for Approval of Final Settlement

Jason Perry

Founder and Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I received my retirement orders from AFPC dated December 8th and in the first paragraph of the letter it makes reference to the December 12th hearing. The lawyers themselves posted that they had met with the judge and were awaiting his signature/decision, on December 12th. Is the AF jumping the gun on this? I mean, great I got my orders, still haven't got the DD214, that's suppose to come under a different cover. Also freaked out when I saw all the "NO" blocks filled in for combat related injury. Then I saw the remarks section which list 10 USC 1201 which does address the combat area. Also they rated (AF) me at 50%. I got a letter from the NVLSP stating that I was in category C and rated at 70% (which is what I am rated at with the VA and have been since March '07). Unless something has changed that I don't know about it doesn't look good. If you run the calculator at DFAS with 50% (Military), 7 years, 1 child, married, 70% VA, 0% (CRSC) there is no retirement pay!!! Bump it to 60% or above and there is---go figure. Put in the CRSC (which is usually equal to the military retirement percentage) and it's $78. Jump it to match the VA its $442(CRSC).

I fired off an email to the lawyers with a copy of my orders, the AFPC letter, and a question about the category and percentage. I hope I get an answer back soon.

Good Morning,

Does anyone know how long (I know the Military has 6 months to fulfill the agreement) until we start getting any news from our respectives branches or tricare, or anything?

Just wondering. I am getting backdated to 07/2004 6 months @ 50% tdrl then 7-% (to match VA) PDRL and I was wondering compensation and such.

Any help would be appreciated. I called the NPC for the Navy and spole to my case worker at PDRL and they said they have not received any guidance on what to do with us... didn't know if anyone had guesstimates as far as pay or anything else. And my guess is Tricare can't do anything without PDRL orders....
Thank you...
Theresa