Suggestions of options after return to duty(RTD) verdict after iPEB and RTD after rebuttal of iPEB findings to go to FPEB

Horse

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello- I have undergone verdicts for RTD after both iPEB and rebuttal to the iPEB findings. The rebuttal was denied and thus no FPEB and I must RTD. What are my options and I feel that my health condition does not warrant this RTD. They have diagnosed me with multiple mental health conditions and I am on 6 psych medications. An independent mil psychiatrist (as required for the NARSUM) recommended me for medical retirement and no continued military service. The iPEB recommended for RTD. My JAG and I had to go to a rebuttal to the iPEB findings in order to go to the FPEB. This rebuttal was denied, and I must RTD. I am in the Air Force medical reserve corps (MC), and I have been told that MC is never medically retired because of shortages. I feel that with my civ mental health provider with medicines and mil independent MH physician should be enough to medically retire.

Can someone help me get into medical retirement, and offer suggestions for a way forward? I have heard of submitting an IG compliant. Can someone help me with pros and cons of this IG route? Can a RTD be reversed after iPEB and rebuttal have been used?

Thank you in advance.

Best bet is a new NARSUM. It is possible but I think only for certain conditions w/psychosis (bipolar/Schizophrenia) or if your other condition is so severe that you can’t function as a provider.

My guess is if you are able to do your civilian job they will keep you as a non deployable asset.

Last edited:
I had to close my private practice because of my conditions. Thankfully, no hospitalization for them.

Please, any thoughts?

Being in the MC almost by default means you will need private legal counsel.

PEBLAWYER.COM

Chaplaincharlie- have you any experience with peblawyer.com? In your experience, no other way forward by private legal consul? Thanks.