Formal Board, regulations/law question

yohinan

PEB Forum Regular Member
I had received a informal rating and would have been medically retired at 40 percent however I appealed and went before the formal board. My formal date was Sept 9th and was told 6 weeks would be the max time to receive my results which would have been Oct 21. Since then I was told there was an error with the original paperwork and the secretary of the FPEB process sent the paperwork back before they would be signed. Early November timeframe I was told that they finally got the paperwork corrected and at the very latest the secretary would sign them off within two weeks. My lawyer is the one that made this inquiry and gave me this information not the PEBLO. I had been keeping contact with the PEBLO the entire time and was told about two or three weeks ago the secretary finally signed off on my paperwork and was just waiting for the PEBLO to receive a fax so I could find out the boards findings. I just got off the phone with the PEBLO and I have now been informed the secretary never signed off on my paperwork and it's still awaiting signature. I was told this two months ago and dont understand how if there was a mistake in the paperwork it can take this long to fix. I feel for some reason something is being stalled for some reason. Where would I go to find actual law/regualtion as to how much time the formal process and the secreatary of the formal boards is alloted to get my findings back to me? I am not able to speak with my lawyer right now as she is on leave until the beginning of the year and Im at a breaking point on waiting until she gets back to get more information. I am fed up with this stalling techniqe, at least that is what it seems like to me, and am just looking for some answers. Thanks in advance. If it matters I am in the Marine Corps.