Med Board help/info... Home awaiting orders....

bmhanley

PEB Forum Regular Member
Hello! I am full of questions and any information would be great!

My husband is an 0311 and was injured by an IED Feb 2010. He is waiting for one more thing and then his med board package should be starting.... my guess is it will be sent to DC by the end of this month.

I know there is no exact time that we will get his results/findings back but does anyone know about how long it is taking now?

Once we find out his results- and if he is happy with them how long does it take after that for him to be out of the Marine Corps?

We have heard a little about home awaiting orders and I tried to find information, but I don't really understand much of it. Could that be something that he could be entitled to? We just bought land back home and would love to start the building process in the spring- it would be awesome if we could go home while awaiting the results and get the building on its way. Medically everything is done. He has already done Seps and Taps. So is home awaiting orders something he could get? If so- how would he go about getting it.

One more question I have is what you might think for his disability rating to be... I know there are 2 different... VA and DOD and VA is usually higher. His major issue is he lost vision in one eye. His middle and pointer fingers on his dominate hand are both very poor with movement- he is unable to make a fist. His hearing in the one ear is very poor. Other than that- the rest is minor things such as scars/burns... just if you would have a thought to what the rating might be would be great.

Any other information would be great too... What to expect in the next upcomming months... just anything.... Thanks so much for taking the time to read.