PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Finally received my findings yesterday: 20% DoD/80% VA

Timeline:
31JUL22 - Entered IDES process after 1 year Limited Duty
MAR23 - VA Exams
18AUG23 - MEB complete, submitted to PEB
15SEP23 - VA Claim closed
05OCT23 - Found UNFIT by PEB (Email from PEBLO)
04DEC23 - Received DoD/VA Findings

My referred conditions were for Knee ACL repair, Shoulder Subluxation, and GAD. VA rated 20% for the shoulder and 10% for the knee, plus 10% for scars.
Have over 30% from the VA side on those conditions, but DoD found the knee not to be unfitting because there's no record of treatment after a certain period of time (Navy refused to allow further PT and doc wouldn't sign new referrals) and NARSUM stating the issue should be full strength by FEB2023. I submitted a personal statement expressing why treatment stopped and how it has not improved, as well as a letter from my physical therapist explaining it from her side.

DoD found Shoulder to be unfitting, but said both GAD and Knee were fitting (despite no improvement and inability to do a PRT or run the last several years).

I am curious if anyone knows current timelines regarding FPEB. How far out are they scheduling? I have been in this process for a very long time already, but also want to try and fight the DoD rating if possible. I am on a relatively tight timeline with a job lined up post-Navy and trying to find a way to make it all work if possible.

Updates:
06DEC - Contested findings from PEB requesting an appeal with FPEB
30JAN - FPEB Notification of hearing on 28FEB received from PEBLO
28FEB - Stipulation received from board before hearing offering 30% PDRL, including the knee and shoulder as requested.

Awaiting final findings from PEBLO so my attorney can generate the Election of Options form. After that, standing by for Separation Message and retirement orders.

Congratulations on appealing to the FPEB and getting to 30%.

26MAR - Received final findings from PEBLO, signed, and submitted back to PEB. Awaiting Separation Message.