Stopped TDRL pay, never got orders to go to last appointment

buhlerks

Registered Member
I got out of the corps in 05 on TDRL. I moved back home to Utah. I recently was contacted by an airmen at Nellis AFB telling me I had to report down there for an evaluation. This is like an expensive 6 hour drive.

2 things: First, the appointment was in September, and today (Oct 1) I didn't get paid for the first time in 5 years. The Doc who saw me said there is no way I am gonna be able to go back in and shouldn't be on TDRL, I should probably be retired for good.

Second: I called the airmen several times trying to tell him I needed actual orders and that I would need to be reimbursed as I cant afford to drive down there out of my own pocket. He has given me the run around every time, and the best he has done is tell me he is emailing my case manager.

Any information or guidance is VERY appreciated, Thank you.

Sounds like you fell through the proverbial 5-year TDRL "crack." I would contact the Department of the Navy TDRL handlers immediately (and by immediately, I mean Monday first thing):

TDRL contacts, TDRL address change, hospital contacts, messages (I would start with the number for "Final Examination")

Since 5 years have passed, you can only be placed on the PDRL or separated with severance (and if they try to separate you with severance, you are still entitled to a formal hearing). You can only be on the TDRL a maximum of 5 years.