script async src="//">

100% DoD and VA ratings and pay

Not open for further replies.


Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Wow, I don't know how they would pay me that much because of my memory issues. That's nuts!

Thanks for the clarification.

That is only if they proposed SMC-T, you have to be pretty fucked up to get it. Pretty much need full time attendant to perform activities of daily living. The standard is that if you do not have attendant, you would have to be placed in a care home.

They may have mentioned to you that you are eligible for SMC-S which is what you get if you have one condition rated at 100% and another condition at 60% or higher. That is about $300-$400 more a month than normal.


PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I found out... I am not getting SMC-T...I am getting about 500-ish total for both SMC which makes me feel better. The Army just recommended 100% P&T with combat related so I will do pretty well with CSRC. Thanks again!


PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
As I understand it,

The most you can get with CRDP is all of your VA and whatever the "high three" is for your military retirement.

If you came into the service (to include DEP time) PRIOR to 08 SEP 1980, you retirement is calculated under Final Pay.

Did you sign your very first military contract prior to 08 SEP 1980? If so, you will fall under final pay (which is a few more dollars better than High 3). The date you signed is what counts - not the first day you went to Basic.

Yes. You were PDRL'ed with 75% Army. But your regular retirement is 62%.

So you will be able to get all your 62% (minus taxes), plus all your VA (tax free).

That's my understanding.

Others will chime in shortly if I'm wrong on this!

There are a few states that do not state tax military retirement. I know Texas and Washington State are a couple of them that don't state tax your military retirement.

The Feds - we have them always.... unless you qualify for CRSC.

CRSC is combat/combat-related pay and is non-taxable.


So does this mean if my retired pay at 50% of my base salary is more than my disability retired pay at 40% PDRL then there should not be an offset? VA rated me at 80%.


1. Disability retired pay
The multiplier for disability retired pay is either:

a. 2.5 percent for each year of service,
disability percentage assigned by the service at the time you retire

b. Either way, the multiplier is limited to 75 percent by law. If you are on the Temporary Disability Retired List, the minimum multiplier is 50 percent while on the TDRL.

c. DFAS uses the method that results in the largest payment.
Either (2.5% x active duty years or active duty equivalent) x High three average base pay
Or disability percentage assigned by service x high three average base pay

2. As a CH 61 retiree, your retired pay is reduced by the amount of VA compensation. Any residual (left over) retired pay is kept by the retiree.

3. In CRDP and CRSC cases, residual retired pay (see item 2) reduces the amount payable for those cases. CRDP or CRSC cannot exceed the amount of the dollar amount of the longevity portion of retired pay LESS residual retired pay. In other words, CRSC/CRDP plus residual retired pay cannot exceed longevity portion of retired pay. There are other ceilings as well.



PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Thread closed 5 August 2019. Last activity June 20, 2017.

New Threads


1. Click on FORUMS which is next to the HOME button.

2. Click on the red POST THREAD button.

3. Select from POST THREAD IN...button. This is a list forums and sub forums.

4. Example: If one wanted to post a CRSC question, they could choose (abbreviations used)
PEB Overview —->Outcomes—->CRSC

Not open for further replies.