19 years 2 months refered to IDES

I've been on it about a week. It's taken some getting used to for sure but I get a solid 5 to 6 hours of sleep on it before it wakes me up. I already wake up feeling a lot more refreshed even after a week. I think the pressure needs adjusting though because it'll make me motorboat when my mouth starts to open. lol

Notified by the PEBLO today the Doc at the MTF has initiated an addendum for the Fibromyalgia and wants to see me before we complete the NARSUM. Response from my PEBLO.......

"Just to clarify on this case, the Navy now asks us to do a Psych addendum
on any PEB that is being submitted by a PCM for Fibromyalgia due to the
frequent prevalence of co-occurring psych conditions."

Good thing for me is the Doc I need to see is so busy I have to call them back in 2 weeks to even schedule an appointment. So my MEB stage looks to be delayed an extra month before I even see my NARSUM.

The weird part of all this is my PCM sent me off to see a civilian shrink at the initiation of IDES. I sat down with him 3 times and we concluded the depression/anxiety was related to the medical problems I currently deal with (which I agree) and are not chronic issues by themselves. I guess they call it secondary issues to current diagnoses. So I guess I need to see another Navy shrink for some reason. Fine by me, let's keep this at a snails pace.

You really haven't even moved the process point any, and you've already chewed up 2+ months.

I know right. Lucky me....for once. My PEBLO said the NARSUM is done but they have to do the addendum first. As long as I make it to my 20 year mark I'll be happy regardless of my rating.

7 months to go!!!!!

Finally was able to make my appointment with the Psych doc for the addendum filed for the Fibromyalgia. That in itself took almost a month just to make an appointment with this guy. Apparently the PEB requires an appointment through a Navy doc even though I had already done 3 visits with a civilian psychologist. So as soon as I get this done the NARSUM will be sent to me for signature.

6 months to Jan 18th!!!!

Well, you have X amount of days before you have to sign the NARSUM. Take everyone one of them. If you find even one mistake, make sure it is corrected.

How much leave do you have accumulated?

Oh absolutely. I've already greased the skids with my lawyer and he's expecting my NARSUM to review as soon as I get it. Right now I have 69 days. I'm taking leave next week so that'll leave me 64. Since we can't carry anything over 60 at the end of the fiscal year I'm taking leave just to get myself to 60 by the end of the FY.

Congrats! If you are still at the Narsum stage, and with only 6 months until you hit 20, and going to carry 60days of leave, you have it made!!!! Just ask for an IMR for any trivial reason. This is your first opportunity to appeal and gives you an automatic ten days to reply. It will likely take a week or so just for them to complete the IMR. Your timeline is looking great at this point!!! You have many appeals ahead plus the holiday slowdown.

Thanks and I'll definitely appeal still just to be sure. I'm encouraged but still leery at the same time. I'd like to make it to mid August before my package goes up to the VA but that's probably wishful thinking.

Finally spoke to my PEBLO today. She's saying to expect the NARSUM to be completed and sent to me in the next few days. My anxiety is starting to ramp up a little bit.

Finally spoke to my PEBLO today. She's saying to expect the NARSUM to be completed and sent to me in the next few days. My anxiety is starting to ramp up a little bit.
Indeed, that's normal while in the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process unfortunately. Just please try to remain "positively proactive" throughout the entire IDES process to ensure that you receive the maximum disability benefits feasible in your particular medical situation. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

It's been a month since I posted so a little update. I received my NARSUM which is full of errors which included a NMA that was basically an allegation, so I submitted the IMR. There was a delay in the IMR because of where I'm currently located and the closest place to do it was a 9 hour drive. So I did the IMR this morning via teleconference.

After voicing my concerns with how it has gone thus far, they're going to add an addendum to my claim for migraines because of the frequency I get them.

I also found out last week I need a full right hip replacement because of how bad the arthritis has become. The worse part is I was told I'd probably have to suck it up for as long as I can due to my age. So I guess I'll continue to hobble around until I can no longer bear the pain. This is considered psoriatic arthritis so there won't be an added addendum for that.

I now have no concerns about making it to my deserved 20 year retirement. Thanks to everyone here for all the help and guidance. You guys and gals rock.

Humbled

Welp, The PEB kicked back my NARSUM because the shrink I seen apparently diagnosed me with Major Depressive Disorder (Mild), so I have another C&P exam coming up. I really don't know where this came from as the only thing I told this fella is I feel blah quite often and it takes a lot for me to get excited about things. In my non-professional opinion I didn't start feeling like this until after all my medical problems arose. I really don't think this diagnosis was necessary.

2 months later and I still don't know if I'm fit or unfit. PEBLO knows nothing and now I'm starting to get antsy.

I went to my C&P exam and disagreed with the shrinks Depression diagnosis and after telling him exactly what I've told everybody, he agreed and didn't think I had depression.

Still don't know how this is holding up a fit or unfit determination. Any ideas why this is taking so long to figure out?

2 months later and I still don't know if I'm fit or unfit. PEBLO knows nothing and now I'm starting to get antsy.

I went to my C&P exam and disagreed with the shrinks Depression diagnosis and after telling him exactly what I've told everybody, he agreed and didn't think I had depression.

Still don't know how this is holding up a fit or unfit determination. Any ideas why this is taking so long to figure out?

Mk45Gunner, the last time I called and checked on my claim, they told me the PEB had a huge backlog of cases. My NARSUM was submitted October 12th, and as of two weeks ago the PEB still hadn't accepted my package. I was told to call again after the holidays were over and hopefully it will have moved. That being said, my Vets.Gov expected completion date changed as of two days ago, so I'm hoping this is a sign that things are finally starting to move. As frustrated as I am with the process, I can imagine you're ten times as frustrated. Sorry you're having to go through all this!

Have you tried calling the PEB yourself? I would have never known I was found unfit if it wasn’t for me calling them myself, my peblo hasn’t given me a single update without me constantly asking about it.

I haven't. I remember seeing a number to call but cant find it on here anymore. If you could share, I'd appreciate it.

It's a crappy ordeal to go through for sure when you don't know anything or receive any answers. I came into this ready to fight tooth and nail, but now I'm wore out and just ready to finish this.

I haven't. I remember seeing a number to call but cant find it on here anymore. If you could share, I'd appreciate it.

It's a crappy ordeal to go through for sure when you don't know anything or receive any answers. I came into this ready to fight tooth and nail, but now I'm wore out and just ready to finish this.
Here’s the number many people have used to call the PEB 202-685-6418, they should be able to tell you if they have your package still or if and when they sent it off to the VA.

Kayla you rock. They did transfer me over to this number 202-685-6419, but ultimately I just found out I'm unfit and my package was sent to the VA 3 days ago.