3 Conditions on eBenefits Marked - MEB

VA Ebenefits.JPG

Does this mean I have been found unfit for the 3 conditions referred by the IPEB or something else??? I just want this over with.

Check VA.GOV you should see a list of claims that were sent to the VA for ratings ( this is ahead of your official "fit/unfit" findings - but is usually indicative of a unfit finding because you have moved to VA ratings ).

This is as of this morning. this case was already at the VA in October. now the VA is stating through the MSC I should have a decision in the next 30 days.... I would guess this is for my DoD Percentage since I already am at 90% disability for the VA...

I do not know if the VA will "re-evaluate" at this point, but the USAF maybe requesting the previous ratings for application to your unfit conditions then.

they should because the ratings for mdd and gad are only 30.... and you read the reports... they should both be at least 50 each.

MEB Provided exam -
3. OCCUPATIONAL AND SOCIAL IMPAIRMENT
3A. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING BEST SUMMARIZES THE VETERAN'S LEVEL OF OCCUPATIONAL AND SOCIAL
IMPAIRMENT WITH REGARD TO ALL MENTAL
DIAGNOSES? (Check only one)
Occupational and social impairment with occasional decrease in work efficiency and intermittent
periods of inability to perform occupational tasks, although generally functioning satisfactorily,
with normal routine behavior, self-care and conversation

PTSD exam from October 31 - also provided -
4. Occupational and social impairment
-------------------------------------
a. Which of the following best summarizes the Veteran's level of occupational and social impairment
with regards to all mental diagnoses? (Check only one)
[X] Occupational and social impairment with deficiencies in most areas, such as work, school,
family relations, judgment, thinking and/or mood
b. For the indicated occupational and social impairment, is it possible to differentiate which
impairment is caused by each mental disorder?
[ ] Yes [X] No [ ] Not Applicable (N/A)
If no, provide reason: symptoms are interrelated
c. If a diagnosis of TBI exists, is it possible to differentiate which occupational and social
impairment indicated above is caused by the TBI? [ ] Yes [ ] No [X] Not Applicable (N/A

5. Symptoms
-----------
For VA rating purposes, check all symptoms that actively apply to the Veteran's diagnoses:

[X] Depressed mood
[X] Anxiety
[X] Suspiciousness
[X] Panic attacks more than once a week
[X] Chronic sleep impairment
[X] Mild memory loss, such as forgetting names, directions or recent events
[X] Disturbances of motivation and mood
[X] Difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships
[X] Difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances, including work or a worklike setting
[X] Inability to establish and maintain effective relationships
[X] Suicidal ideation
[X] Impaired impulse control, such as unprovoked irritability with periods of violence
[X] Persistent delusions or hallucinations
[X] Neglect of personal appearance and hygiene
[X] Intermittent inability to perform activities of daily living, including maintenance of minimal
personal hygiene

6. Behavioral Observations
--------------------------
Veteran arrived a few minutes early, alert and oriented x 4. Affect and mood were congruent
(anxious, agitated). There was no evidence of thought disturbance. Eye contact was good sporadic.
He was dressed appropriately for the season and setting. He was preoccupied by how horribly he
feels he was treated by his command. He cursed quite frequently throughout the interview.
He was difficult to redirect.

Then when you get your statement regarding unfit conditions and VA ratings, you should request a VARR if they didn't re-evaluate, I believe this is still a course of action you can take. I am not to sure on how they deal with previously held ratings. Maybe someone with experience to that can pick this up and let you know if you can do a VARR for old ratings if they aren't changed.

I just got an e-mail this morning from MyPers....

The Physical Evaluation Board Liaison Officer (PEBLO) at your base Medical Treatment Facility (MTF) sent your Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) package to the Air Force Personnel Center Physical Disability Operations Branch. The Physical Disability Operations team is reviewing your package to ensure the documentation is current and complete. Incomplete MEB packages are returned to your base PEBLO for correction as it is vital the information is accurate and current in order for the Informal Physical Evaluation Board (IPEB) to make a determination. Once it is verified your package is complete, Physical Disability Operations will transfer your completed package into a Disability Evaluation System (DES) case file for review by the IPEB.

How long should this take?

Beats my ETS of 25 april.... ok.... that might work unless something goes wrong...

I just was told by my PEBLO the 3 conditions are only awaiting final ratings.... so I would guess unfit for duty here...

Spoke to my PEBLO. still nothing back from the VA.... However my 3 conditions (GAD - Anxiety, MDD Major Depression, And Bilateral Joint fusions in Feet with degenerative arthritis) were found to be unfitting by the IPEB. right now the 2 mental conditions are rated at 30% in a combined rating, and the joint fusions are a 30% as well. any ideas on how the DoD percentage will work out? also in the C&P exams my anxiety and depression scored in at least 50 and best 70%. so it could be looking like 30, 30, 30 or 50, 50, 30 or 70, 70, 30.....

at worst a 30/30/30 would be 100-30= 70% (x 30% = 21) 70% - 21% = 49% (x30%= 14.7%) = 34.3% able bodied or 65% DoD Disability?

Anything more than 50%/50%/xx% gets you maxed DoD at 75%....

So really you would have be over 70%/70%/xx% to have a shot of 100% VA.

And I'm already at 90 for the VA if the mental health conditions that are currently are rated at 30 get increased due to the results of the C&P exams might hit that mark...

still crickets.... and my ETS is in 6 weeks.... gotta love VA being slow on ratings you already have...

VA RI Called Just now - 100% P&T Chapter 35, the conditions referred for the MEB MDD - 50% (GAD Combined), Bilateral Joint fusions in feet 30% and additional 10%right foot, and 10%left foot. if i run it through the calculator - 80%DoD....

Va closed today 100% p&t. 50, 10, 10 for ides... so I'm guessing 60% dod