Advice

Force10

Registered Member
Hello, I’ve been following this site for a while and asking questions here and there. I have recently requested a formal board to increase my ratings for permanent retirement rather than discharge with severance pay. My question is, what should I expect? I am set to have my hearing on 4 dec in Texas. I have talked briefly to OAC and she stated to provide documentation/letters about my migraines. What else could I do to possibly help my chances? And what kind of questions will they ask me? Any advice/tips are appreciated!!!!

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello, I’ve been following this site for a while and asking questions here and there. I have recently requested a formal board to increase my ratings for permanent retirement rather than discharge with severance pay. My question is, what should I expect? I am set to have my hearing on 4 dec in Texas. I have talked briefly to OAC and she stated to provide documentation/letters about my migraines. What else could I do to possibly help my chances? And what kind of questions will they ask me? Any advice/tips are appreciated!!!!
Is your case an Legacy Disability Evaluation System Case? If it is an Integrated Disability Evaluation System case, the FPEB will not have any ability to change your ratings. That would be accomplished through a VA Rating Reconsideration Request (VARR).

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Or are your migraines currently found not unfitting? I am not clear about your situation.

Force10

Registered Member
Or are your migraines currently found not unfitting? I am not clear about your situation.
I have a unfitting condition called Neurocardiogenic syncope. Which was only rated at 20%. OAC stated that I should add my Migraines as unfit as well (I was rated 30%by VA). I am AF going thru IDES

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have a unfitting condition called Neurocardiogenic syncope. Which was only rated at 20%. OAC stated that I should add my Migraines as unfit as well (I was rated 30%by VA). I am AF going thru IDES
Ah, okay. Well, yes, then gathering evidence regarding your migraines and, especially, their impact on your ability to perform your duties, makes sense. If you can get an updated memo from your commander detailing how your migraines impact duty performance (and, ideally, stating that they seriously impact your duties along with a recommendation that you be found unfit for this condition), that would be very helpful.

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Don't forget about the impact of your migraines on deployability (especially given the DoD memo on deployability).

Force10

Registered Member
Ah, okay. Well, yes, then gathering evidence regarding your migraines and, especially, their impact on your ability to perform your duties, makes sense. If you can get an updated memo from your commander detailing how your migraines impact duty performance (and, ideally, stating that they seriously impact your duties along with a recommendation that you be found unfit for this condition), that would be very helpful.
Thanks for your advice as this is pretty nerve wrecking

Force10

Registered Member
Hearing went as expected. Not as formal as I thought. Ratings were not changed which is a bummer but I am not at a point where I want to just get it over with. I have a approved sep date of 28 March. How long do you think it will take to get paid severance?

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">