Another ‘When Do I Get Paid’ Question

BuddyBoy

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Happy New Year all!

My retirement orders said 27NOV19 at 0000.
50DoD/100%VA
I had 24 years, Med boarded out.
Cant reach anyone at VA.
Thanks for any help.

You became eligible for benefits 1DEC to first check should be any day now.

Buddyboy,

I am in the same boat. Retired out PDRL 70% on 29OCT19. Finally 1JAN20 retirement account is active on mypay and I am able to see what my monthly payment will be. Still waiting on the first check but was assured by DFAS it will be retroactive.

Buddyboy,

I am in the same boat. Retired out PDRL 70% on 29OCT19. Finally 1JAN20 retirement account is active on mypay and I am able to see what my monthly payment will be. Still waiting on the first check but was assured by DFAS it will be retroactive.
How do you know when your retirement account is active? I recently retired 27dec and when I went on my pay I could see an retirement account had been created ... does that mean it’s active or do I have to wait for an les to appear ??

Happy New Year all!

My retirement orders said 27NOV19 at 0000.
50DoD/100%VA
I had 24 years, Med boarded out.
Cant reach anyone at VA.
Thanks for any help.
In the next 2-3 weeks IF you uploaded your DD214 in timely fashion to the VA.

How do you know when your retirement account is active? I recently retired 27dec and when I went on my pay I could see an retirement account had been created ... does that mean it’s active or do I have to wait for an les to appear ??

When you login to myPay click on "Annual or Changed RAS" on the left part of the screen.
If a statement pops up, like when you click on LES under what my now be called "Separated Service Members Account", then you have an active account. You will read in the statement saying that your account is now active. Mine just activated on the 1st of January.

Here is a copy and past of the message in my Annual RAS.

MESSAGE SECTION
YOUR RETIRED PAY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED EFFECTIVE JAN 01, 2020.

YOU MAY ACCESS YOUR MILITARY RETIRED PAY ACCOUNT ONLINE USING THE myPay SYSTEM. ITS
WEB ADDRESS IS myPay Web Site.

TO USE myPay YOU MUST HAVE A PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PIN).
IF YOU HAVE A myPay PIN, YOU MAY CONTINUE TO USE THE SAME PIN.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A myPay PIN, YOU MAY OBTAIN A PIN BY:
ACCESSING THE WEB SITE AND CLICKING "NEW PIN" ON THE HOME PAGE.

IN myPay YOU HAVE THE CAPABILITY TO
VIEW AND PRINT YOUR TAX STATEMENT (1099R),
VIEW AND PRINT YOUR RETIREE ACCOUNT STATEMENT,
CHANGE YOUR FEDERAL AND STATE TAX WITHHOLDING INFORMATION,
UPDATE YOUR DIRECT DEPOSIT AND CORRESPONDENCE ADDRESS INFORMATION,
START, STOP, OR CHANGE ALLOTMENTS PAID BY DIRECT DEPOSIT.

YOU CAN ALSO ELECT TO VIEW ONLY AN ELECTRONIC 1099-R AND/OR ANNUAL RETIREE ACCOUNT
STATEMENT THROUGH MYPAY.

Beneficiaries now have access to a more complete health record! TRICARE Online Patient
Portal (www.TRICAREOnline.com) has a new look and recently added two features.

Encounter (Open) Notes and Documents allows you to view provider notes from clinic
visits and scanned documents from external consults. You can also manage MTF appoint-
ments, request refills, view/download Health Records and receive appointment reminders.

Hi, thank you for the help. My mistake-
I should have asked specifically about VA disability entitlements. I did get paid on Jan 1st for regular military retirement. But the VA stuff is an enigma.

You gotta give the VA your DD214. One they get it they will process your post discharge claim. Your proposed ratings will be in turn, finalized. It typically takes 30-60 days. With the holidays, I would expect the latter.