applying for CRSC

rips

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Guys haven't been on the forum much, but I was medically retired about 2 years ago for what was diagnosed as deployment related lung diseases, I did the lung biopsy at National Jewish hospital that showed asthma with emphysema. Has anyone out there applied for CRSC for this if so what where they're results, I have what National Jewish reported along with the biopsy results, and also a Air Quality report from the Air Force stating the "burn pits" could cause potential long term lung diseases, thanks for anyone's input

Not likely to receive CRSC from burn pit related injuries. Burn pits themselves are not an instrument of war.

Perhaps if your injuries were caused by burning munitions in the pit or something else that is unique to war, you may be able to prove it.

Unfortunately, I think making a claim for CRSC will be an uphill battle based on the facts you laid out. If you could obtain a list of what was burned you might have a chance, if the list contains war specific items (see above). But I think consulting with an attorney is your best bet. This may be the time when words counts.

Here is some links to help. Keep fighting for it. The burn pits actually full under Gulf War illness...get it linked to Gulf war exposure.
Here is the link for the list..
http://www.afpc.af.mil/Combat-Related-Special-Compensation
Further more here is a list for..
http://www.publichealth.va.gov/PUBLICHEALTH/exposures/burnpits/index.asp

I hope this helps.
thanks for the help, the VA has already linked it to Gulf War exposure, at least when I sign on to ebenefits and look at my information it has those extact terms linked with it

CRSC for burning trash? I highly doubt it. Were you shot at while watching the pit? Lol.... sorry. Figured this site could use some humor.

Had a friend of mine broke his leg in Afghanistan.... got booted because of long time issues and too many PT waivers... Denied! He broke his leg jumping off a truck when unloading shit inside the wire.

CRSC for burning trash? I highly doubt it. Were you shot at while watching the pit? Lol.... sorry. Figured this site could use some humor.

Had a friend of mine broke his leg in Afghanistan.... got booted because of long time issues and too many PT waivers... Denied! He broke his leg jumping off a truck when unloading shit inside the wire.

Had he fell of the truck due to the concussion of artillery round, then he would have been awarded. It all comes down to the causal reason.

Had he fell of the truck due to the concussion of artillery round, then he would have been awarded. It all comes down to the causal reason.

Yeah. I know man... it was shitty for him. Plus he was infantry. Did 4 tours in the Stan, 17 years infantry, and gets booted with 20% award for his leg because he had issues running the 3 mile PT test. Needless to say was the best Gunny I knew. You wonder why people drink so much

So oil fires wouldn't be CRSC by logic of instrument of war, but it is because it was unique to the war, and so are the burn pits because there are no limitations to what you can burn, & troops are forced to live near, & sometimes operate the pit. I have never seen a burn pit from my house, except in Iraq, Afghan, or some other armpit around the world where people shoot at me. It took a long time for agent orange to be accepted, because it was something the military did which injured soldiers because of lack of safety controls. Herbicides are not really weapons of war, just like burning trash isn't. Something to think about.