Applying for CRSC

Mkay06

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I am hoping someone can help me with my packet. I have met with a rep at our medical facility that was unable to provide me too much info.
My DOD paperwork has a V1/V4 code which to my understanding does not really “prove” anything in terms of CRSC.
I do not have anything in my medical records from the specific event - only follow up info from when I started being seen for it later down the road.
I do not have a CAB or Purple Heart. I do have a Bronze Star from the deployment but have yet to locate the actual write up for the award.
Is there anyone that has been in a similar situation that could help me? I don’t know if I should get statements? And if so from whom? I have a difficult time understanding why I would need statements from others besides myself and why those statements would be considered more valid.
I final out 12 September and have been told that is when I will get my DD214. Hoping to apply soon.
Thank you for any help you can provide.

Hello,

There is a collection of CRSC information on this board at this LINK for CRSC material. <---

All of the services have a CRSC website and they are linked within the document referenced above.

I think the Army's is more comprehensive, but I admit to an Army bias.

The Retirement Services Office where you are located might be able to assist you.

Almost all my disabilities are Agent Orange related so I don't have experience with gathering other info to support a claim (other than the linked info).

Good luck,
Ron