Army National Guard if you are medically retired with a disability of 30%

Theone

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Do you get to get your retirement base pay on active duty base pay or reserve Base pay. I have less than 500 points in the reserves thank you

30% DOD or VA? DOD should be active duty money.

Retired pay base. It would be the average of the top three years of pay if you were on active duty. Did you injury incur while you were entitled to active duty pay?

Retired pay base. It would be the average of the top three years of pay if you were on active duty. Did you injury incur while you were entitled to active duty pay?
I suffered a tbi while i was on my weekend drill for the Army National Guard and I got a line of Duty for it. My base pay for reserve is just under $300 a month.

It is not going to be the base pay for reserves but rather your base pay as if you were active duty. When you get close to a decision DA-199 (case be sent to the PEB) the PEBLO will do a disability pay worksheet with you the form is DA 5892

http://www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/pdf/A5892.pdf

Pay close attention to items #3 and #4 on page 2 of the form, it tells you the rules.

This must be after the IPEB process I hope, have never seen this worksheet.

this is a question I had as well. I did 16 years active and then went into reserves where I am not being reviewed for medical retirement. do I get benefits now or after I am 60?
also, currently 100%VA P&T. if retired, I know I will probably not get retired pay since I get more through va compensation, but what is this I hear about CRSC? is it in conjunction with VA or instead of VA

This must be after the IPEB process I hope, have never seen this worksheet.

You get it with your 199, sometimes it may not be accurate because the PEBLO may complete it any time during the IDES process and things may change. The worksheet is an ESTIMATE, finance calculates exactly what you get when you outprocess.

this is a question I had as well. I did 16 years active and then went into reserves where I am not being reviewed for medical retirement. do I get benefits now or after I am 60?
also, currently 100%VA P&T. if retired, I know I will probably not get retired pay since I get more through va compensation, but what is this I hear about CRSC? is it in conjunction with VA or instead of VA

If you are medically retired from the reserves, the benefits begin the day after you are retired.

If you are not being reviewed for retirement and you have a 20Y letter from the reserves, your reserve retirement begins at age 60 or sooner if you have qualifying time per the 2008 NDAA.

If your VA rating is greater than 50%, you can concurrently draw your earned 20 year reserve retirement with VA C&P beginning when you would have been eligible to collect the reserve retirement.

CRSC is a benefit that restores all or a portion of your retirement if your injuries are "combat related"

I highly recommend that you search for the source material for each of the scenarios listed to see if they apply to you.

when I did the retirement estimator it said that I wouldn't get retirement due to getting 100%VA. I really just wish the reserves were more transparent with the process. I was in the unit for 3 years and I was the only one doing anything after ARMMC gave me a perm profile.

when I did the retirement estimator it said that I wouldn't get retirement due to getting 100%VA. I really just wish the reserves were more transparent with the process. I was in the unit for 3 years and I was the only one doing anything after ARMMC gave me a perm profile.
You get the retirement, it is just that the pay is offset by the VA C&P award. If you are eligible for CRSC you may potentially restore all or some of the offset.

It is not going to be the base pay for reserves but rather your base pay as if you were active duty. When you get close to a decision DA-199 (case be sent to the PEB) the PEBLO will do a disability pay worksheet with you the form is DA 5892

http://www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/pdf/A5892.pdf

Pay close attention to items #3 and #4 on page 2 of the form, it tells you the rules.

Looks like G-man has taken the 5892 off the web. I tried searching for it last month and not found anywhere. My PEBLO is new and I'm trying to get a copy of what he has but I'm getting no reply to him. Maybe if anyone has one they could black out all the PII and post it on the PEB? Not sure.

BookReaderImages.php

BookReaderImages.php