Bliss Timeline

So apparently the PDA had an issue with my commanders statement because it stated that I had orders to get out, which I did because I had an approved REFRAD, but withdrew it because of the MEB. Dont know why that was such an issue that it needed to be this whole long process but thats what it is. I sent up a new commanders statement two weeks ago so hopefully I hear by tomorrow...but I am doing weekly checkins with my PEBLO and have also sent the PDA information to my chain of command so they can get in on this as well and hopefully get something moving.
So the comanders statement is from the one that they wrote that gets sent to the PEB right or is this a different one? The only commanders statement I have is the one mine wrote for me to get my unfit and ratings.

Correct. The commanders statement is what is sent up at the beginning of the whole process.

Correct. The commanders statement is what is sent up at the beginning of the whole process.
Oh ok. I haven’t heard of that happening before hopefully you get your date soon. That’s probably what caused it to take so long. I was told 1-3 weeks for NLT date but I’ve heard people get them in a few days everyone is different I guess.

Yeah...a lot of things with mine have not been typical. And its annoying the hell out of both me and my chain of command.

Yeah...a lot of things with mine have not been typical. And its annoying the hell out of both me and my chain of command.
Just signed my 199 today. I was told 1-3 weeks for my NLT date. Hopefully it’s quicker then that. Are they allowing over 30 days of leave at your unit?

Yeah. My unit is letting me take all my days of leave...mainly because I'd flip some shit if they restricted me to only 30 days when I have almost 50. I originally tried to get some PTDY so that I could continue to get paid until June, but since all of this has taken so long I dont need any PTDY anymore, so Im just going to take all my leave.

Yeah. My unit is letting me take all my days of leave...mainly because I'd flip some shit if they restricted me to only 30 days when I have almost 50. I originally tried to get some PTDY so that I could continue to get paid until June, but since all of this has taken so long I dont need any PTDY anymore, so Im just going to take all my leave.
Ok that’s good. My unit denied someone of 30 days regular and 20 tdy. I’m going to try for 35 days of regular leave which is all I have and then 10 tdy. I’m not sure if they have any restrictions on terminal leave right now. Hopefully not.

The last update I saw was that there was no restrictions on terminal leave since you are getting out so you can go wherever you want basically. The leave restrictions only apply to individuals who are remaining in the military.

The last update I saw was that there was no restrictions on terminal leave since you are getting out so you can go wherever you want basically. The leave restrictions only apply to individuals who are remaining in the military.
Have they given you your NLT date yet?

They did! I got it last friday. It was 14 July, but I moved it up to 30 June so I could take my 52 days of leave that I will have. So I am so thrilled about that. Next week I start out processing and it still feels like a dream since it has been like 10 months in the making.

They did! I got it last friday. It was 14 July, but I moved it up to 30 June so I could take my 52 days of leave that I will have. So I am so thrilled about that. Next week I start out processing and it still feels like a dream since it has been like 10 months in the making.
Congrats man that’s awesome. I just signed the 199 Friday so I’m expecting to wait a week or 2 for my NlT date. If you can keep me updated on the clearing and how long it takes for your orders I would appreciate it since I’m going to be right behind you in the processes.

Hey no problem! I just picked up my orders yesterday so the turn around from finding out about the TRANSPOC list to getting my orders was short. In terms of issues that I have heard is that my base (Fort Eustis) does not have finance open so that my S-1 will need to do all the paperwork and send it to finance rather than going through Finance themselves. Other than that, there doesn't seem to be much in regards to too much a difference. I pick up my installation clearing papers on monday so that will be the true test of everything.

Hey no problem! I just picked up my orders yesterday so the turn around from finding out about the TRANSPOC list to getting my orders was short. In terms of issues that I have heard is that my base (Fort Eustis) does not have finance open so that my S-1 will need to do all the paperwork and send it to finance rather than going through Finance themselves. Other than that, there doesn't seem to be much in regards to too much a difference. I pick up my installation clearing papers on monday so that will be the true test of everything.
Ok cool. And how were you able to move your NLT date yet? I didn’t know that was possible

So once you get put on the TRANSPOC list you have 90 days to out process and use all your leave. The thing is that you are able to be finished any day prior to that point. you cant go over the 90 day mark without some general moving heaven and earth for you, but anything under the 90 day mark is a piece of cake. I had a Soldier going through the process literally get his percentages, get put on the TRANSPOC list and come off my books all within like a month and a half.

So once you get put on the TRANSPOC list you have 90 days to out process and use all your leave. The thing is that you are able to be finished any day prior to that point. you cant go over the 90 day mark without some general moving heaven and earth for you, but anything under the 90 day mark is a piece of cake. I had a Soldier going through the process literally get his percentages, get put on the TRANSPOC list and come off my books all within like a month and a half.
Oh no I was asking because you said it was July 14th but you got it moved up to June 30th. I thought maybe you were able to actually move your NLT date closer not including leave

You are. You dont need to spend all 90 days waiting to get out. You can choose any day to be your last day, as long as it is within that 90 day window and obviously gives you enough time to out-process which is only 10 working days.

Like for me I moved my NLT date to June 30th, so I can start out processing Monday, and have my final out on the 8th of May!

When you go to transitions you will be able to work that out. They are the ones who produce your orders so they will talk to you about what information is needed for you and what exact date you want to have be your last day.

When you go to transitions you will be able to work that out. They are the ones who produce your orders so they will talk to you about what information is needed for you and what exact date you want to have be your last day.
Ok cool. When I get my NLT date I’ll check that out because I rather leave here sooner then later.