Burn pit documents and resources

I was stationed at Balad during 2008-2009. I reported the cough I had along with my concerns on the post deployment PHA. After many complaints of the cough the VA finally done some tests. I come home with Asthma and COPD. Never smoked a day in my life. I think what saved me was they found the report I made in 2009 about the cough. Hopefully it will go my way. Still waiting on the results after more tests and C&P.

When you sign up for the burn pit registry there is a list that has all the bases that had burn pits without restrictions your time overseas must match the base and the timeline database that the VA built. Chronic cough is the only ones I'm seeing connected to the burn pits so far.

The Chronic cough along with the complaints of hard to breath is what led them to finally do the PFT tests and that is how they caught the Asthma/COPD. When I done my C&P exam they I think they done the burn pit at the same time because it says at the top " Gulf War General Medical Examination (Including Burn Pits)". I went to the website and completed the questionnaire already.

The Chronic cough along with the complaints of hard to breath is what led them to finally do the PFT tests and that is how they caught the Asthma/COPD. When I done my C&P exam they I think they done the burn pit at the same time because it says at the top " Gulf War General Medical Examination (Including Burn Pits)". I went to the website and completed the questionnaire already.

ALL- interesting, couple of quick questions:

1) Anyone attended on of the three US DVA's War Related Illness and Injury Centers for anything related "exposure"/ "multisymptom illness"??? If so how was the experience???? Know local vet attended WRIISC- Washington DC, oddly had staff members at Balad AFB- FOB Anaconda as well as Walter Reed same time as Iraq, and MEDEVACED WRAMC- odd- all seem do was try and in fact "discredit" them???? So just wonder if anyone out there if has been to a WRRISC has in fact had a much different experience, and in fact if "helped" them get Service Connected something/ anything due "exposure?"

2) Does anyone know more "Fidelity" on the extension to actually become Service Connected for "exposure"- "multi-symptom" illness by DEC 31, 2012- IAW the 'NVLSP- Veterans Benefit Manula" page 214- 2017-2018 Edition?????

Did not see link posted US DVA Registry so here it is: https://veteran.mobilehealth.va.gov/AHBurnPitRegistry/#page/home -"Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pit Registry-Participants: 152,713"

Also did not see link US DVA WRIISC's as supposed to be the US Government's Official Medical Authorities On All of this: https://www.warrelatedillness.va.gov/ -"War Related Illness and Injury Study Center"

Bottom-line with a deadline of 2021- simply seems as if in fact we ALL are merely being waited out- could be wrong......???????

Anyway- look forward ANY Response some "sexpericenced" veterans or PEBForum staff out there.......?????

PS: May be interested in, as food for thought, "War is a Racket: The Antiwar Classic by America's Most Decorated Soldier"- Paperback – November 4, 2014 by by Smedley Darlington Butler (Author), Dragan Nikolic (Editor) at for example only Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/War-Racket-A...preST=_SY344_BO1,204,203,200_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Also might want See PEBForum Post_ "WRIISC Washington DC-FYI-Warning Proceed With Caution!" at web-address: http://www.pebforum.com/threads/wriisc washington-dc-fyi-warning-proceed-with-caution.30283/#post-208688

ANYONE ELSE HAVING ISSUE THIS WEBSITE?????

i just got put in the burn pit registry, the VA doctor took blood and xray. He said I had emphysema. I didn't go because I was sick or had shortness of breath. i just wanted to make sure I made it into the registry and they had a baseline. I was not expecting this.

"i just got put in the burn pit registry, the VA doctor took blood and xray. He said I had emphysema. I didn't go because I was sick or had shortness of breath. i just wanted to make sure I made it into the registry and they had a baseline. I was not expecting this." by wilnel

Wilnel- could not quote directly above, as issues either my connection an/or website....

Anyway, good for getting "registered" and I somewhat mis-understood your post..about "not going" i.e. deploying OEF/OIF etc... but that being stated think relevant that US Service Members can in fact be "exposed" without being deployed.......

Perhaps might be interested in below PEBForum Posts:

-Forums PEB and Disability Evaluation System Overview Physical Evaluation Board System Overview Outcomes: Fit, Severance, TDRL, PDRL Combat Related Special Compensation (CRSC) Hello,

-Forums PEB and Disability Evaluation System Overview Conditions and Ratings Respiratory Conditions PEs found upcoming MEB

-Forums PEB and Disability Evaluation System Overview Conditions and Ratings Autoimmune Conditions American Legion Magazine Article "Fort McClellan's Toxic Legacy" -Did Not Know Post Here or Gulf War Syndrome Or WRIISC Wash. DC

Talking those local Gulf VA System-VISN16, "registered" and saw doctor, whom were actually passed along through the US DVA System automatically for further testing and evaluation--- were you, by any chance or did your local VA just stop at X-Ray and blood work??????

Also, a "general" question for any other veterans out there- does your local VA System issue "Medical Alert Identification" per below attached image file "Image www.Med_ID.com.JPG," for example only, by I am "assuming" http://medids.com/ ??????

Think this would be "huge" assist for veterans of all conflict's with "exposure" or other chemical or medication allergies/ conditions..... perhaps...and also if tied to US DVA National Database so if have incident away VA...civil authorities can contact US DVA ASAP and "commince" treatment in case civil Air MEDEVAC car-accident etc... if US DVA not ALREADY DOING?????

Thanks and best wishes Wilnel......

Attachments

• Image www.Med_ID.com.JPG
    Image www.Med_ID.com.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 0
update, Yes I did go to Iraq two times. I am currently still a Cw2 in the Guard. I had a second diagnosis from my civilian doc, I do not have emphysema. I do not know how the va came up with diagnosis, but hey I got letter from him saying i do? could I claim it, lol.

"update, Yes I did go to Iraq two times. I am currently still a Cw2 in the Guard. I had a second diagnosis from my civilian doc, I do not have emphysema. I do not know how the va came up with diagnosis, but hey I got letter from him saying i do? could I claim it, lol." from above post Number-27 by Wilnel

LOL,LOL- Wilnel.....who knows as to "claiming", stranger things have happened it is the US DVA after all......????? (After all know a Gulf Coast VA Veteran that supposedly told by all Gulf Coast VA/VISN16 Chaplains that US troops not "receiving" bibles and US Service Members being persecuted by say other USAF personnel/airmen on YouTube Video-"Air Force veteran Oscar Rodriguez assaulted over the word God," etc... is simply not "true" among various other things???? Also, Gulf Coast VA/VISN-16, located in "Natural Disaster Event Area" per other vet's supposedly Gulf Coast VA Providers has no "contingency" plans to continue operations in event of say a Hurricane, etc... like a US Military Field Hospital-Major Filed Command Post, etc.... and they "supposedly" all claim a new "OPC" Building in Mobile AL is the answer to all their problems-issues when Gulf Coast VA System was a 5-Star System - degraded to 1-Star System and have had and ae still building new facilities at main location in Biloixi MS, that apparently did not include new equipment like X-Ray, MRI and cT Machine Facilities.....etc...LOL,LOL???)

But Wilnel- in all seriousness... that is actually really kind of "scary" - did the US VA by any chance send you more testing to either "confirm and/or deny" and /or ascertain might have anything else after your Airborne Hazards exam??????? Or even better what did your "assigned" US DVA PACT Team have to say..... specifically, and assuming provided them "civilian" doctor results for scanning into their system and inclusion in your US DVA records??????

I dont have an assigned pact team. The doctor who was putting me in the burnpit registry just did chest xray, and bloodwork. He said that is all he does is puts that info in the registry and that I need to get assigned a va doctor. I see my va doctor on 20 december.

I dont have an assigned pact team. The doctor who was putting me in the burnpit registry just did chest xray, and bloodwork. He said that is all he does is puts that info in the registry and that I need to get assigned a va doctor. I see my va doctor on 20 december.

Wilnel- couple of questions (1) Sure you are not part of mighty 1-Star System Gulf Coast VA/VISN16 ????- as sadly this was my own and others experience with this "Burn Pit-Airborne Hazards Registry"- i.e. just input data no follow-up, etc..... (2) How did you manage to get to "Burn Pit Registry" without an assigned US DVA Treatment Team (PACT)... kind of placing cart before the horse... and not sure exactly how that occurred unless "Vet Center" or some other US DVA associated involvement- perhaps- but would be interesting to know, as simply not way US DVA works in general????? (3) Seen other posts on this by yourself....interesting....in that you in fact got second opinion...yet you were not immediately refereed/ assigned a US DVA Treatment Team- PACT, for actual "emergency-immediate" follow-up if in fact US DVA stated you had this condition..... and not waiting until 20 DEC 2018 - as good luck, NOT whole lot of folks working at US DVA during Holidays.... but sadly it is simply the US DVA and one should most likely expect nothing less.... US DVA System Dependent (as some are slightly better than others- i.e. Leadership) ?????

Anyway highly interesting situation/ predicament....and should be interesting to see how all plays out......??????

Wilnel- tried to edit, but could not. Know veterans whom have been "hospitalized" during "Holiday's" and even "Veterans Day" in Gulf Coast VA System/VISN-16 and nobody came in from VA Staff- i.e. Primary Facility Leadership Team, Doctors/Psychologists/Chaplains/Psychiatrist's etc... to even wish them Happy Veterans Day and thank them for their service nor as well as during Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Years..... nor was a decent "special meal, etc.." (US DVA Provided Meals, for those "hospitalized" and or in things like PRRTP Programs, whole different sad and beyond "sorry" story- seen this several different US DVA Systems....!!!!) offered-provided in certain cases, hopefully in your US DVA System it will be somewhat different...but I am not holding my breath.....

Best of luck Wilnel.....and as stated Post # 30 should be interesting to see how all plays out......??????

Wilnel - well still "significant" issues either my internet concretion or web-site, as cannot edit, etc.... as wanted to add that prior to about 2008/2009 or there-about some of the above used to not be the case in general. Food at Gulf Coast VA was not "I believe" contracted out and was in fact pretty good (the fact it is now not "good" creats whole host of issues...like screaming and yelling mess hall etc.. and veterans complaining strating incidents simply to get a "voucher" to eat a canteen, etc..)), also veterans whom were brought in by local police "homeless"..etc and for whatever reason and had no clothes etc... were simply given "clothes" and the basic necessities form a supposedly US DVA maintained "storehouse" of such items..... and once "discharged" actually in lot of cases placed directly in a PRRTP Program or US DVA "work" assistance Program, etc.... to hopefully assist them getting back on their feet or with drug and alcohol issues, "suicide," etc......

Sadly, as best I and others can ascertain, things for some reason oddly changed around 2008-2009 time-frame, and have personally witnessed other veterans having had their family members bring in clothes, etc.. to give to other veterans in need of such items. Furthermore, say in Biloixi MS, the Local Biloixi MS Police and US DVA Police really tried to assist veterans (US DVA Police, at that time, simply did best to "prevent" de-escalate situations- to best ability first- not simply write tickets and/or "detain-harass" veterans, etc...) and if not a "major" incident and actually brought troubled veterans to the Biloixi MS VA- US DVA Police (I and others have witnessed this past)... for assistance instead of "running" them off- out of town as understand is supposedly pretty much case/norm now- or just simply throwing them in local jail's....... which does veterans no good specifically if a Mental Health issue is involved and/or suspected.....

Wonder what prompted some of these changes in procedure- "contracting-out" etc... such as Menatl Health is concerned and now "largley" done supposedly in some Gulf Coast States such as Alabama (LA), etc......??????????

Anyway Wilnel, once again...best of luck.....and think have an interesting situation.....from a whole host of "perspectives".......and hope all works out well....

Also, a "general" question for any other veterans out there- does your local VA System issue "Medical Alert Identification" per below attached image file "Image www.Med_ID.com.JPG," for example only, by I am "assuming" http://medids.com/ ??????

Think this would be "huge" assist for veterans of all conflict's with "exposure" or other chemical or medication allergies/ conditions..... perhaps...and also if tied to US DVA National Database so if have incident away VA...civil authorities can contact US DVA ASAP and "commince" treatment in case civil Air MEDEVAC car-accident etc... if US DVA not ALREADY DOING?????

Wilnel - interesting know veteran Gulf Coast VA System/VISN-16 asked numerous US DVA Providers about "Medical Alert Identification" and if US DVA provided it to vetrans, etc... include some Gulf Coast VA/VISN16 staff, whom worked for U.S. Department of the Interior- Indian Affairs (see if interested web-address: https://www.bia.gov/) to see if Dept. Indian Affairs (which supposedly their medical system very similiar US DVA but worse), possibly issued as well!!! Sadly as per usual Gulf Coast VA/VISN16- IAW this veteran- no response what so ever!

Furthermore, given how many veterans considered "overweight" by US DVA and Gulf Coast VA/VISN16 system, know another veteran whom has had numerous issues getting possible "heart" complications resolved in part because the Gulf Coast VA/VISN16 does not have equipment on hand, supposedly, to handle the weight of "obese" or simply very "big" veterans and must "contract" this service out locally.... make any sense if the case??????

Oh well was hoping a response here at least another veteran and/or "Super Moderator" on medical Alert Identification......

Thanks Wilnel- all.......

Not sure if anyone can relate or help with this... I have been deployed 5 times to Bagram and 1 to Ali al Salem. I have been treated and going to the doctors off and on since 2013. Doctors (civilian and VA) have been treating me for Asthma, Insomnia, Sleep Apnea, PTSD, Anxiety, Migraines. My question is... I am going to take my paperwork down to the clinic and I know that they will most likely put me on a profile so I am not sure what they will do after that. Does anyone know if this will take me straight off of the deployment status and not make me world wide deployable.

I have 16 yrs total and 9 yrs active. Will they try to MEB or will I just stay on profile forever?

I have been deployed 5 times to Bagram and 1 to Ali al Salem. I have been treated and going to the doctors off and on since 2013. Doctors (civilian and VA) have been treating me for Asthma, Insomnia, Sleep Apnea, PTSD, Anxiety, Migraines. My question is... I

[B]JOSUL[/B]- from above I think the real question here is more of what you think should occur than anything else..... and I am not sure, nor have I looked at what service you are, nor at what your military occupational specialty is... however you have a lot of medical issues as well as a ton of deployments under your belt.... so really believe, since still have some say (i.e. not command refereed MEB etc...) you should have a great say in what occurs next in addition to your Chain of Command, which if not MEB'd at this point you should most likely be working with to resolve this issue..... my two cents... but others much more knowledgeable should chime in for you I would hope...

Anyway- was still simply wondering from Post number #26 this Thread if anyone knew if US DVA issuing Medical Alert Bracelet's etc.. as simply cannot get anyone local VA- Gulf Coast Region- to answer the question.... not surprising....

Know local Vet whom had their provider, just tell them they actually had a real live "mouse" in their office on the 6th Floor of their US DVA Office on 6th Floor MOPC in Mobile AL...... unbelievable..as other vets and MOPC staff have complained "cleanliness" etc... Gulf Coast VA Facilities- this vet supposedly told said provider should simply request a "treadmill" for the mouse, from US DVA Chain of Command that claims supposedly cockroaches, blood (as well other body fluids) stuck on hallway-waiting area walls is all ok.....??????

Additionally, another vet's Gulf Coast VA provider supposedly told them the Orlando Florida VA is simply something out of science fiction- i.e. "showcase" VA Facility which never seen likes of entire time in US DVA system. Apparently the Orlando VA has veteran free watering stations with ice-cold "cucumber water", a cafeteria that is open entire time the clinic is and makes made to order omelet's- etc... all day and they have Computer Simulations for US DVA doctors to "practice" procedures before they perform them on veterans.... only issue they heard all the short time they were at the Orlando Clinic vet's complain about was in fact Travel Pay and the Pharmacy... (seems be a trend across most VA facilities...??????)

Anyway..interesting for those whom know any homeless or at risk vet's is the following link from "National Collation of Homeless Vet's" on veteran "STAND DOWNS" where issue vets' in need un-needed surplus military equipment like sleeping bags, cold weather gear/clothing, back-packs, etc..... oddly no "STAND DOWNS" 2018 per web-site in Alabama...... see link at web-address: National Coalition for Homeless Veterans for example only!?!?

Sorry all was in bold as still still issues this web-site.........so forgive any issues.....

JOSUL-ALL- hope this helps and really wish someone would "sound-off" if know anything about Emergency Alert Identification.....

Thanks...... just a thought (wonder what other's think)..if we as US Citizens have per say a Drug Czar, etc.. the whay does not the US DVA or other Federal/State Agencies that could assist, like US Dept. Housing and Urban Development, FDA (nutrition????), US Surgeon General, etc.. and have a US Veterans "Homeless/Suicide Prevention Czar" and a National US "War on Veteran Homelessness/Suicide"...?????

JOSUL- sincerely hope things worked out, as never responded.....

Anyway- still wondering if anyone out there's local US DVA System, anywhere in US or its numerous Territories, issues Medical Alert Bracelets- kind of like they do in paper around ones wrist when admitted to hospital listing allergies, drug interactions, chronic conditions, etc....., but for full time wear??????? Sort of as in post number 26 above, as an example, and much like one's medication profile is used by US BVA for rating purposes, one would assume wold be case here especially if allergies/chronic etc...due to exposure in Military Service to the nation??????

Anyway, kind of reminds me of the 1/3 rule where it takes 3- Combat Support/Service Support Personnel to support one Combat Arms Soldier in the field/combat! Why in certain conflicts the enemy has deliberately wounded soldiers instead of KIA; as it uses up more resources.... this is more than understandable in US Military given all that goes into modern Industrial Warfare.... however, over the decades the US Military has in fact been highly degraded in support personnel. Ergo, why I am going to write the following as do not understand why other US Federal Agencies such as the US DVA have beyond enormous and extraneous support staff that are in whole lot of cases severely lacking and yet have actually cut back in areas that matter such as actual Doctors in respective fields reviewing and adjudicating Veteran Claims files instead of by and large a "clerk" with a spread-sheet!

Local veteran and their US DVA provider in Gulf Coast VA/VISN16 US DVA System have supposedly simply been unable to get a simple VTC rescheduled in well over a month of effort on both their parts...with a provider at a Gulf Coast VA Florida clinic outside Eglin AFB in FL! Veteran supposedly asked their provider assisting them to write a Memorandum For Record to Culf Coast VA/VISN16 Chain of Command (see for example only web-site http://www.armywriter.com/AR25-50.pdf for pdf version of US Army "Preparing and Managing Correspondence" Manual they may assist some others here) outlining the amount of man-hours and emails wasted simply trying to tackle this simple task among other things related!

Anyway, veteran supposedly got a phone call this clinic and tried to return it, only to be greeted by a MH clerk whom had to idea what a VTC was- Video Tele-Conference! So veteran supposedly attempted to contact Gulf Coast VA/VISN16 Chief of all clerks a Dennit(sp) Scott- whom actually has a secretary, (last I looked most US Army BN and BDE CDR's no longer even have this luxury- primarily General Officer's- please correct me if wrong) and iAW Mrs. Scott's secretary, Mrs. Scott apparently does not get too involved in what goes on with her underlings. Veteran in question, supposedly informed the secretary- well that is the whole problem right there...!!!!!

Wonder what other's out there think of not only the above- i.e. the Chief of Clerks having their own Secretary, no Medical Providers viewing US BVA Claims (clerks spreadsheets) and Medical Alert Bracelets as well..... thanks??????

Wish all the best- JOSUL hope all works out the way you want, if still have some kind of vote, and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year......