Just received my approved CRSC for 40%. Here is my information

Gross Pay from DFAS RAS: $2047.00
DoD: 50%
VA percentage: 100%, Spouse, 2x Children
CRSC: 40%
AD Time: 8 Years 4 Months
No Blended Retirement
No SMC's

If i do the calculation as i understand them...

Retired Pay: 2047/50 = $4094
Longevity Multiplier: 8.33 x 2.5% = 20.82
Longevity Pay: 4094 x 20.82% = $852

Longevity Pay $852
and
VA Table with Spouse and 2 Children = $940

So if i did this correct my CRSC would be $852 as it is the lesser of the two?

Last edited:
Just received my approved CRSC for 40%. Here is my information

Gross Pay from DFAS RAS: $2047.00
DoD: 50%
VA percentage: 100%, Spouse, 2x Children
CRSC: 40%
AD Time: 8 Years 4 Months
No Blended Retirement
No SMC's
Hello,

1. 2047/50% = 4094 high three
2. 8.33 x 2.5% = 20.83% longevity multiplier
3. 4094 x 20.83% = 852.78 longevity amt and a CRSC ceiling
4. Your CRSC will be the lesser/ lower amount OF
—852.78
OR
—The amount in the VA compensation tables for 40% veteran with spouse and 2x children under 18 (guess on ages)

Ron

Added: good job on providing needed info

You beat me to it before i could do the calculation from how i understood it...

899.28 plus 41.00 from tables. The longevity is the lesser.

Ron

Disregard... Tracking now... Thanks! I appreciate the time you take to help people including myself!

Disregard... Tracking now... Thanks! I appreciate the time you take to help people including myself!
I appreciate you being precise with your data. Some are not as careful.

Ron

I am big on data and having mature and clean data in my civilian job, so i understand the need for data points being mature and complete.

Question: I have read that CRSC pay can come from either DFAS or VA. What distinguishes the difference as to who pays?

I am big on data and having mature and clean data in my civilian job, so i understand the need for data points being mature and complete.

Question: I have read that CRSC pay can come from either DFAS or VA. What distinguishes the difference as to who pays?
Hi,

That source is 100% wrong if quoted correctly .

DFAS pays CRSC to all services except the USCG.
The USCG pays CRSC to its members .

The VA, of course, pays VA compensation.

Ron

Edited to add: occasionally when there is a retroactive date for VA comp, there might be adjustments to both VA and DFAS payments due to what used to be CRDP (now Concurrent Receipt).

Related.

Retroactive Concurrent Military Retired Pay

If your VA disability rating changes after you begin receiving retired pay, you may be eligible for retroactive concurrent retired pay or disability retired pay. When DFAS receives updated VA Disability Compensation information from the VA, we will audit your pay account to determine if you are due any retroactive concurrent retired pay or disability retired pay. An audit of your account requires researching pay information from DFAS, the VA, and your Branch of Service.

Your retroactive concurrent retired pay payment date may go back as far as January 1, 2004, but may also be limited based on:
• your retirement date; or
• when your disability rating first increased to at least 50 percent; or
• the circumstances of your specific case (i.e. Chapter 61, non-regular etc).

If DFAS finds that you are also due a retroactive payment of VA Disability Compensation from the VA, we will forward an audit to the VA. They are responsible for paying any VA Disability Compensation they may owe you.
Find out more about the VA Waiver, CRDP, and CRSC on the webpage: "Understanding the VA Waiver and Retired Pay/CRDP/CRSC."

Ron

@RonG - Awesome!! Thanks again for taking the time to respond and providing information. I appreciate it!