December Air force IPEB Packages

sisco

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
This is torture! I thought for sure that I'd hear something in the last 2 weeks! I planned on taking leave with my husband, who is currently stationed in Spangdahlem to take my mind off things... but of course his flight was cancelled due to the Icelandic volcano! I just cant seem to catch a break! Im happy for all who have recieved their packages back and cannot wait till I am in your shoes! I will keep you all posted..

fr0sty

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
After two days of non-stop thinking about my results (Severance), I made the decision over the weekend to accept the findings.

I'll admit it's a tough decision to make... probably one of the hardest I've ever made. I figured it like this. If I decided to appear before the board, I'm still required to maintain regulations, etc... Since I struggle with the current PT regs, I didn't feel like going down that avenue. It's easier for me to accept the findings now rather than appear before the board, and have the same results thrown back at me.

Why waste all that time, and suffer while waiting?

This way, I can just move along with my life, and before I know it, be a cilivian.

Sharifa

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Well, my ESP was working, I just knew I was going to get the email today and I just got it! I am going at 1:30 EDT. I will let you all know as soon as I get the results.;)

bloggy

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
so i got the email today that my results are in. i have to go at 1330 to see what they are. wish me luck

jxallen

PEB Forum Regular Member
I just got my IPEB results back!(they actualy came in Friday afternoon,the 16th, but the entire base was at the chief of staff's All Call, so I didn't find out till this morning) 70% permanent retirement!! The IPEB’s findings were:

CATEGORY I - UNFITTING CONDITIONS WHICH ARE COMPENSABLE AND RATABLE:
1. Chronic Back Pain (ambulates with cane) 40
2. Asthma (Albuterol inhaler and Advair) 30
3. Chronic Bilateral Plantar Fasciitis 21
· Right Foot 10
· Left Foot 10
o Combined Rating 19
· Bilateral Factor 1.9
· Combined Total Rating 20.9
COMBINED COMPENSABLE RATING 66

The service member’s (SM) medical condition, which is not likely to change over the next several years, prevents him from reasonably performing the duties of his office, grade, rank, or rating. PCMs document that SM has mild asthma with an FEF 25-75% of 68%, treated with Advair and albuterol inhaler. They acknowledge improvement of his back with a trial spinal cord stimulator, however failed placement of a permanent spinal cord stimulator with an exacerbation of symptoms and subsequent removal, with severe lower back pain with radiation to his upper legs, with forward flexion of his thoracolumbar spine limited to 22°. They document his painful tingling and numbness in his bilateral feet, forcing him to use a cane to ambulate, precluding him from physical activities. His duty restrictions include “No running”. The Informal Physical Evaluation Board finds the SM unfit and recommends permanent retirement with a disability rating of 70% IAW Department of Defense guidance for applying the Veterans Administration Schedule for Rating Disabilities guidelines.

Needless to say I agreed and signed the paperwork. Now I’m getting ready to start my out processing, talking to the VA and preparing myself to go back to college. I’m planning on attending Chico State in northern California either this fall or next spring depending on how many classes I need for admittance as a transfer student into their BS in Applied Computer Graphics program. Thank you to everyone in these forums, you’ve been a real help and have provided amazing support and information. Good luck to those who are still fighting the good fight. Keep your heads up and know that although it may be a tough fight and arduous process you will get your results, just hang in there and try not to do anything that might make the process harder than it already is. I’ll still be around from time to time to see how things are going and trying to provide any advice I may be able to. Again….good luck everyone!

4Cords

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Sharifa and Bloggy- good luck today.

frosty- I can undestand that decision. My husband is also having a hard time maintaining physical standards.

jxallen- Congrats! That's wonderful. Best of luck to you.

abyss5150

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Well, my ESP was working, I just knew I was going to get the email today and I just got it! I am going at 1:30 EDT. I will let you all know as soon as I get the results.;)
CONGRATZ SHARIFA!!! I hope you get the results you expect/want. Your Time-Line is as follows:
Sharifa = 29 Dec 2009 - Results Received 19 Apr 2010
From and including: Tuesday, December 29, 2009
To and including: Monday, April 19, 2010
It is 112 days from the start date to the end date, end date included
Or 3 months, 22 days including the end date

abyss5150

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
so i got the email today that my results are in. i have to go at 1330 to see what they are. wish me luck
CONGRATZ BLOGGY!!! I hope all goes well! Your Time-Line is as follows:
Bloggy = 17 Dec 2009 - Results Received 19 Apr 2010
From and including: Thursday, December 17, 2009
To and including: Friday, April 19, 2010
It is 121 days from the start date to the end date, end date included
Or 4 months, 3 days including the end date

abyss5150

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
I just got my IPEB results back!(they actualy came in Friday afternoon,the 16th, but the entire base was at the chief of staff's All Call, so I didn't find out till this morning) 70% permanent retirement!! The IPEB’s findings were:

CATEGORY I - UNFITTING CONDITIONS WHICH ARE COMPENSABLE AND RATABLE:
1. Chronic Back Pain (ambulates with cane) 40
2. Asthma (Albuterol inhaler and Advair) 30
3. Chronic Bilateral Plantar Fasciitis 21
· Right Foot 10
· Left Foot 10
o Combined Rating 19
· Bilateral Factor 1.9
· Combined Total Rating 20.9
COMBINED COMPENSABLE RATING 66

The service member’s (SM) medical condition, which is not likely to change over the next several years, prevents him from reasonably performing the duties of his office, grade, rank, or rating. PCMs document that SM has mild asthma with an FEF 25-75% of 68%, treated with Advair and albuterol inhaler. They acknowledge improvement of his back with a trial spinal cord stimulator, however failed placement of a permanent spinal cord stimulator with an exacerbation of symptoms and subsequent removal, with severe lower back pain with radiation to his upper legs, with forward flexion of his thoracolumbar spine limited to 22°. They document his painful tingling and numbness in his bilateral feet, forcing him to use a cane to ambulate, precluding him from physical activities. His duty restrictions include “No running”. The Informal Physical Evaluation Board finds the SM unfit and recommends permanent retirement with a disability rating of 70% IAW Department of Defense guidance for applying the Veterans Administration Schedule for Rating Disabilities guidelines.

Needless to say I agreed and signed the paperwork. Now I’m getting ready to start my out processing, talking to the VA and preparing myself to go back to college. I’m planning on attending Chico State in northern California either this fall or next spring depending on how many classes I need for admittance as a transfer student into their BS in Applied Computer Graphics program. Thank you to everyone in these forums, you’ve been a real help and have provided amazing support and information. Good luck to those who are still fighting the good fight. Keep your heads up and know that although it may be a tough fight and arduous process you will get your results, just hang in there and try not to do anything that might make the process harder than it already is. I’ll still be around from time to time to see how things are going and trying to provide any advice I may be able to. Again….good luck everyone!
CONGRATZ JXALLEN!! 3 in a row! That's wussup! Your Time-Line is as follows:
Jxallen = 21 Dec 2009 - Results Received 16 Apr 2010
From and including: Monday, December 21, 2009
To and including: Friday, April 16, 2010
It is 117 days from the start date to the end date, end date included
Or 3 months, 27 days including the end date

gingaly

PEB Forum Regular Member
Frosty...Didn't know if you knew but make sure you apply for disability through the VA. If the VA rates the condition for which you were separated for your severance pay becomes tax free. Sorry to bother you if you knew this already but I didn't find out until recently as I also am being separated with sevarance.

sisco

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
aahh...it's a great day for the December boards! I just returned from my PEBLO's office! She had called at 11am requesting for me to come in at 1pm to sign my IPEB findings...30%TDRL!! My prayers have been answered. I agreed with the findings and I'm hoping to meet with my CC to request June 28 as my DOS. Hope the rest of the December boards are soon to follow, Good luck to you all!

bloggy

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
well got the results back and i can honestly say im surprised. i actually got what i wanted out of this. 40% Permanent retirement. im extremely happy about this. good luck to every one else waiting.

4Cords

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
bloggy- congrats. I'm glad you got the results that you wanted from this. Best of luck.

sisco- congrats to you too!

Wow, the Dec results have poured in today. Almost has me hoping for a call from the PEBLO, but I'm not holding my breath. lol I think we already would have heard from her if it was coming today.

Sharifa

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
CONGRATZ SHARIFA!!! I hope you get the results you expect/want. Your Time-Line is as follows:
Sharifa = 29 Dec 2009 - Results Received 19 Apr 2010
From and including: Tuesday, December 29, 2009
To and including: Monday, April 19, 2010
It is 112 days from the start date to the end date, end date included
Or 3 months, 22 days including the end date

Well, got screwed again. They returned me to duty because of the commander letter. I had three doctors saying I was no longer fit for military service and they take the commanders word over that what an F-ing joke. I am just at a loss for words.

Congrats to everyone else sounds like some great results.

Sharifa

breamo

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Congrats to everyone that got their results today!!
I didn't hear anything but there is hope!!

Sharifa, can you appeal that.

Also who wa saying you can get untaxed severance if the va rates you as well?

Thank you!

Bream

bloggy

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Well, got screwed again. They returned me to duty because of the commander letter. I had three doctors saying I was no longer fit for military service and they take the commanders word over that what an F-ing joke. I am just at a loss for words.

Congrats to everyone else sounds like some great results.

Sharifa

man that sux. sorry for you. can you appeal a return to duty response?

Sharifa

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
man that sux. sorry for you. can you appeal a return to duty response?
I could have but by the time I rebutted and went to formal board I would be able to retire normally. I just can't believe they did that. I had 7 unfitting conditions. I think they just wanted me to finish out my ADSC. Bastards. Well I asked my senior rater if he would allow me to go early but I am sure the answer will be "NO" again. This is so frustrating. Time to put the retirement paperwork in. Take care everyone. January your almost there!!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">