FPEB help and advice

Petty Pablo

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Awaiting my appointment date to meet with the FPEB to change my10% permenant retirement to return to duty. Has anyone ever had this changed and suggestions on what to bring to the fight would be greatly appriciated. Only reason they say retire is because I am 5 months over 20. I have had MSgt on for 6 months if made to retire is there anyway to get my high three for MSgt since they are making me retire for medical. Thank Paul

Are you satisfied with the 10% you got? And what was it for? And does that 10% cover the real extent of all your service-connected injuries/illnesses for your 20+ years of service?

Are you sure your 10% covered everything? Seems low to me.....

And have you done the VA ratings yet? What did they come up with? And how much for what issues?

v/r,
nwlivewire

For what it's worth, if you have 20 AD for retirement and you want the FPEB to overturn the 10% the IPEB gave you so you can return to duty with over 20...I don't think it's going to happen. You may be able to drag it out for awhile but don't count on too long.

From what I remember reading, by instruction, if you have over 20 you can't get a waiver either. I know that was true for the AF.

Good luck.

Awaiting my appointment date to meet with the FPEB to change my10% permenant retirement to return to duty. Has anyone ever had this changed and suggestions on what to bring to the fight would be greatly appriciated. Only reason they say retire is because I am 5 months over 20. I have had MSgt on for 6 months if made to retire is there anyway to get my high three for MSgt since they are making me retire for medical. Thank Paul

What are your concerns with this disposition? Do you just want to continue to serve because you like serving, or is it a financial issue, or something else?

I am not sure what you mean by getting your High-3 for MSgt. Your High 3 is based on the average of your actually received pay. So, you will get the same amount if nothing changes for you, essentially, as you would have had you retired for length of service. With your current disposition, you will receive High-3 pay based on your years of service times 2.5%, the same as a LOS retirement.

AF consideration of appeals to SAFPC after a formal hearing are SLOW. I just got notified in a case that I submitted more than a year ago that they were just now getting to considering the appeal. If you want to, it is likely you can drag out the process for a long time.

If you really just want to stay, I would look into LAS (though, depending on your chain of command support and manning in your AFSC, this may or may not be wise...that is, I would consider the likelihood of approval/disapproval vice the time an appeal would take also keeping in mind you goals; the AFI indicates, as Ruptured Duck alluded to, that 20 years is the ceiling for LAS. This is true as to what the LAS states, but I have had some conversations with the PEB President that indicates that this might not be how they are actually adjudicating these LAS cases...would look into that before making any decisions about LAS).

Good luck!

Could you please tell me what LAS stands for. I am kind of lost when it comes to all this MEB stuff I have a new PEBLO and she is not full of information. The PEBLO told me I had 30 days to get all my letters together to present to the FPEB and a board date will be set for after the 30 days is this true. All bosses and former bosses are pushing for me to be returned to duty how much pull does this have, some are Wing and Squadron CCs Thanks for all the great info 10% is nothing and if that is all they can give I now for sure there is lots of people out there being returned to duty at the base level with a lot more going on. My PCM said she would write in my favor as well just had to let her know I can carry around 40 pounds for a 1 mile walk with no issues.

Got my Board date today report 14 March 2012 so much for PEBLO telling me 30 days from date I signed my 1186 which was 21 Feb 2012. She admitted on the phone she told me 30 days and says its wwritten in there brief. She then told me to write an MFR to the board to request a delay which is her fault. I did write it and then it gets denied in a few hours by the board. All my supervisiors are TDY how the hell am I suppose to get letters from them when they are not even home and I told them they had till 21 March 2012. My PEBLO should be the one fixing this since its there fault telling me I have 30 days. Sorry for the venting.

What are your concerns with this disposition? Do you just want to continue to serve because you like serving, or is it a financial issue, or something else?

I am not sure what you mean by getting your High-3 for MSgt. Your High 3 is based on the average of your actually received pay. So, you will get the same amount if nothing changes for you, essentially, as you would have had you retired for length of service. With your current disposition, you will receive High-3 pay based on your years of service times 2.5%, the same as a LOS retirement.

AF consideration of appeals to SAFPC after a formal hearing are SLOW. I just got notified in a case that I submitted more than a year ago that they were just now getting to considering the appeal. If you want to, it is likely you can drag out the process for a long time.

If you really just want to stay, I would look into LAS (though, depending on your chain of command support and manning in your AFSC, this may or may not be wise...that is, I would consider the likelihood of approval/disapproval vice the time an appeal would take also keeping in mind you goals; the AFI indicates, as Ruptured Duck alluded to, that 20 years is the ceiling for LAS. This is true as to what the LAS states, but I have had some conversations with the PEB President that indicates that this might not be how they are actually adjudicating these LAS cases...would look into that before making any decisions about LAS).

Good luck!
What I meant by High three is a full 3 years of MSgt Pay VS not even one of MSgt and two of TSgt since they are the ones making me retire. All my letters from my chain and previous leadership want me retained for duty why would the board not retain me when they are retaining individuals with with loss of limbs and other major medical conditions. I think just because I am over 20 is rediculous.