Got my certified PDBR letter Saturday 4/22/17 a few questions

Solvend

Registered Member
I've read through many of these threads that have answered most of my questions about PDBR (time frame, process, etc). But there are a few that i still am looking for answers to.

#1 I can't find my original PEB finding (i think i was rated at 5%-10% at time of separation) and the VA later found me 40% for the condition that made me unfit for duty [my back] (40% for intervertebral disc +10% for nerve disfunction +10% for blood pressure). Is there a way to gather that information from my original PEB to have the rated % originally given me when i was separated? Does that information matter on the paperwork they sent me to fill out for the PDRB? I assume they know my % from original PEB to determine i was included in this group of veterans that should have been retired instead of separated.

#2 I am currently a civil servant under FERS, and a retroactive retirement would mean I can't claim those years toward retirement under FERS (7 years 9 months). Will those years still count toward my service comp date? And is there any other infor pertinent to civil service employees under FERS that I should know of before submitting my application for review?

Good Afternoon

I have read through lots of the threads and I have not quite found the answers I am looking for I do suspect there is someone in the group that can answer a couple questions. I will keep it short and sweet.

I served 11 years in the Army. In 1998 I was hurt (non combat) and issued a line of duty letter of the injury. I was sent to a MEB back in the day and this was pre 9/11 so I requested to remain on active duty which was awarded with the P# profile. Several years later I was conducting pre deployment physical and the Doctor flagged me due to my P3 profile thus leading to a second medical board in 2006 which basically over rid my profile and I was discharged with a lump sum payment and not even rated by the Army. I was rated my the VA several months later @ 10% and with secondary conditions equaling 50%.

I have always wondered why I was pushed out so quickly and I am pleased there is this opportunity to get reviewed. Has anyone had any success with wining their case similar to mine? Or am I screwed? Thanks for your time..

Should a veteran preparing their packet NOW include any health information from POST separation? Other than the VA rating the board will have access to anyway?

Does my medical treatments and care POST receicing my VA rating have any influence with the board?

I there anyone in this forum that meets all of the eligibility requirement and was discharged with a lump sum and no rating?