Having a tough day with the waiting

Rater81

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I'm having a hard day. I submitted my PDBR application in April 2018. I was medically separated in 2005 with 0% unfit but immediately rated at 30% for the same condition through the VA. The waiting game is hard. I may have another year or so left to wait. Someone tell me that my service to my Country mattered. It's tough to be in pain everyday from an injury knowing the Army gave you 0%. I felt like I was just a broken toy tossed aside when they were done with me. I just needed a place to vent. Thanks.

Last edited:
Don't feel alone, it's cliche and hard to communicate but reach out to whoever you need to. It's very difficult and not many people seem to understand how it actually feels to go through these things. If you need someone, aside from this post, to vent to just let me know. I'm having a tough time with a waiting game as well, and it really does feel terrible and sometimes like you've been tossed aside. Just know that you aren't alone, there are people to talk to and who can genuinely help, and that the service doesn't need to define you. You can get through this and be whatever you want, sometimes the mental games we play on ourselves are the hardest things to overcome but it can be done.

Many people on this board understand you thoughts about the service. This is a safe place to vent!

Don't feel alone, it's cliche and hard to communicate but reach out to whoever you need to. It's very difficult and not many people seem to understand how it actually feels to go through these things. If you need someone, aside from this post, to vent to just let me know. I'm having a tough time with a waiting game as well, and it really does feel terrible and sometimes like you've been tossed aside. Just know that you aren't alone, there are people to talk to and who can genuinely help, and that the service doesn't need to define you. You can get through this and be whatever you want, sometimes the mental games we play on ourselves are the hardest things to overcome but it can be done.
Thank you. I think with the pandemic, we have a lot more time to sit around and think about things. Sometimes my thoughts get the better of me. I’m glad I have a place to go where people understand me.

Thank you. I think with the pandemic, we have a lot more time to sit around and think about things. Sometimes my thoughts get the better of me. I’m glad I have a place to go where people understand me.
Hang in there. The waiting was the worst for me. At times I could not stop being fixated on it. I can't imagine now waiting in the 2020 world we are experiencing. Know you are not alone. Hope you hear something soon.

Brother, please keep the faith and hang in there. We know the wait can be excruciating, but it is worth the fight. And while you wait for the end of the fight, don't let the demons close you in. We have all been in the same place. This is a great place to ask, to vent, to seek help. Remember, we all have each other's backs. Stay safe, think of positive things, the future will be better than today.

Waiting has really taking a toll on me because I’m literally at the end of it all! I was found unfit back in April of this year my package was sent back to the peb July 23rd was told by m lawyer i would hear my results with in two weeks. It is now the third week, and i and freaking miserable because it feels like I’m stuck in the place that I can’t get out of.

I have been through all the waiting. You will soon look back at this time with all your being at peace.

Thank you all. Some days are better than others. I should have probably come to terms with everything years ago but I always knew that my rating was unfair. I'm doing ok now. I appreciate the support during this.

Waiting has really taking a toll on me because I’m literally at the end of it all! I was found unfit back in April of this year my package was sent back to the peb July 23rd was told by m lawyer i would hear my results with in two weeks. It is now the third week, and i and freaking miserable because it feels like I’m stuck in the place that I can’t get out of.
Let us know when you hear something.

Thank you all. Some days are better than others. I should have probably come to terms with everything years ago but I always knew that my rating was unfair. I'm doing ok now. I appreciate the support during this.

Your not alone in that sense i always knew too thinking the anger and frustration from that would go away but it didn’t it lingered around and made me feel cheated and betrayed. I have played different scenarios in my head what I could have done back then to fight back the decisions that were made but I was too young of an Airman and didn’t know or understand about many AFIs or DODi. I am hoping they are more in my favor now than they were back then. One can only hope. I feel it’s getting close to a decision.

I'm having a hard day. I submitted my PDBR application in April 2018. I was medically separated in 2005 with 0% unfit but immediately rated at 30% for the same condition through the VA. The waiting game is hard. I may have another year or so left to wait. Someone tell me that my service to my Country mattered. It's tough to be in pain everyday from an injury knowing the Army gave you 0%. I felt like I was just a broken toy tossed aside when they were done with me. I just needed a place to vent. Thanks.

Feel the same way with Soldiers, Marines, Airman that gave 15-20 years plus with numerous combat deployments that have to fight harder than people that served shorter time for that 70,80,90, 100 percent. The system is broke. If I were you I would def get your Congressman involved.

Going on 6 weeks since my package has been In DC, I was found unfit through requesting my Rating from the VA, but still no percentage from the DoD side

Going on 6 weeks since my package has been In DC, I was found unfit through requesting my Rating from the VA, but still no percentage from the DoD side
I’ve been waiting 2 1/2 years. Probably have another 6 months or so unfortunately.

No please don’t tell me that it’s only suppose to take a year, I’m coming up on 9months