Holloman timeline

LMay

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
So... I started the whole process back in May with my appointments with the VA
Got an unfit rating from AFPC and my packet was sent to the VA for ratings 19 DEC
right now I am still waiting to hear back. My 1st Shirt called the PEBLO here and of course they gave him the worst case scenerio(plus they can't see where the VA is on my case)... I am getting ratings on 16 conditions so I was already sure that the ratings were going to take a bit longer than expected plus with the holidays... Weds marks week 4 of them having my package, says it can take up to 45 days so about week 7 or 8 (6 Feb) earliest, I should hear something. This is the 3rd PEBLO that we've had here at Holloman, she seems to be available so I am confident that she is making sure things get done in a timely fashion on the AF side of things... if I could get ahold of my MSC then I could find out where in the process my VA stuff is... I would like an idea (I'm sure everyone feels the same way I do about the process). I don't think ebenefits updates like it should because it is still saying awaiting evidence... which from what I was told was recieved. Anyways with any luck I will be out of the AF by the end of March.

Are you working with Barnes. That PEBLO is an absolute waste of space.

So... I started the whole process back in May with my appointments with the VA
Got an unfit rating from AFPC and my packet was sent to the VA for ratings 19 DEC
right now I am still waiting to hear back. My 1st Shirt called the PEBLO here and of course they gave him the worst case scenerio(plus they can't see where the VA is on my case)... I am getting ratings on 16 conditions so I was already sure that the ratings were going to take a bit longer than expected plus with the holidays... Weds marks week 4 of them having my package, says it can take up to 45 days so about week 7 or 8 (6 Feb) earliest, I should hear something. This is the 3rd PEBLO that we've had here at Holloman, she seems to be available so I am confident that she is making sure things get done in a timely fashion on the AF side of things... if I could get ahold of my MSC then I could find out where in the process my VA stuff is... I would like an idea (I'm sure everyone feels the same way I do about the process). I don't think ebenefits updates like it should because it is still saying awaiting evidence... which from what I was told was recieved. Anyways with any luck I will be out of the AF by the end of March.

I called my MSC the other day and she said she was not able to look anything up in order to find out what my status is. According to my ebenefits its been in review since Sep 2012. I also have 17 conditions that need rated, and my PEBLO stated that could take a little longer for the VA to finish and send back to the PEB for a decision. Honestly I have learned in this process that if you dont worry, it will come sooner than expected. Mike.

Barnes was the 2nd peblo... Gonzalez didn't even contact anyone to let us know she was leaving...mike... The Mac is supposed to be the person that keeps you updated on the va side of things... If that doesn't work then I am doing the power of attorney to the local American legion that I've read about on here... If they can see the va side I don't understand why the msc wouldn't be able to keep me informed :/

I contacted the MSC today and she said that after the AF finds us unfit or whatever everything gets sent to the VA, however they can't do anything until I sign my 199 saying I agree with what the AF says. At that point the 199 is sent to her and she goes over all of the VA stuff. The VA can't finalize until they have your 214 saying that you are out of the military. So I guess now I have to call my PEBLO and see how long it will take to get my 199 done, so I can move this along. According to the MSC the process should take 7-10 months (average for this area to complete from start to finish) I started this in May so that leaves me at the 8 month mark... she said I should expect to see my 199 any day now and that I should call the PEBLO just to make sure.

LMay

Also, just so I'm understanding you...do you have your VA and DOD/PEB ratings and findings? 199 isn't signed until you have all of that, not before VA rates.

I am active duty... All I got so far from my PEBLO was that AFPC found me unfit... she said that the AF doesn't give its ratings until after they send the unfit thing to the VA from there they (the VA) should be doing my ratings and then I will get the 199 (my PEBLO called it another form, said she didn't know what a 199 is)
The MSC from Briggs Field IDES building said that I have to concur with the AF fingings first before I even see the VA ratings. So basically I am confused, however... both said that my package is on the right track. My PEBLO is calling my MSC to find out what she was talking about. I am curious as to how long the VA is going to take. PEBLO said it is supposed to take 15 days (duty)... but they have had the AF stuff since the 19th of DEC... not counting the holidays today is duty day 19.
All I want to know is when I can start sending out resumes and finding a place I want to call home. I went ahead and started packing my things because when the time comes I want to get as far away from Alamogordo as possible lol

LMAY, stay focus and stay on top of your PEBLO and MSC. The VA has had my pacakge since 7 Nov, 2012. According to my PEBLO it's 60 days overdue. That being said. You can't go by other cases as each case is unique. I was planning on being done with the military towards the end of January, NOW. I am in a point where i've been told to "wait" maybe March... My entire COC is involved... Just be patient... Pray... and don't allow this stress to get to you... God Bless you... Best of luck.

This new PEBLO seems to at least want to know how the system work and make sure she is doing what she can. My MSC didn't get back to her but she knows another one that she is contacting to find out exactly what is going on. I don't even look at EBENEFITS anymore because the status hasn't changed since June and I don't think it will until after I sign my 199 (once my PEBLO finds out what that is). I am trying to stay focused, but the whole system leaves so much unknown to the member (I thought this was going to be a better system). I'm not so sure it is. The VA is just waiting on AFPC, who is probably busy with other things to do a packet at a reasonable rate. All I want to know is, where I am at on that little IDES pamplet I was given, and if there are timelines, who is making sure that those timelines are being met and what happens when they are not? I feel like there should be a little more continuity when it comes to what realistically is our career.

I feel your pain. I say we need to start making a big deal out of this... How can we start planning for a life after the military if we have no date in site... at the end they give you 60 to 90 days, and you gone... I agree this process is faster than the old legacy program but... still lot's of loops holes that drive sercvice members CRAZY!! Good Luck!!!

Thanks! Also I have found out that the AF uses a different form than the Army. The Army uses the 199 we use the 1189... so there was this huge sigh of relief that my PEBLO is not totally clueless lol

All, my package has been at AFPC since November 26th...still waiting to find out if I'm fit or unfit...retiring or whatever. How long did it take for AFPC to come back with a fit/unfit finding on your cases? I'm getting impatient but don't know who to call...some on here say they have called the AFPC office for MEBs but noone will give me that number. My PEBLO is helpful but I don't think she is pushing the right buttons to get things done. Good luck to all of you and any info is appreciated.

All, my package has been at AFPC since November 26th...still waiting to find out if I'm fit or unfit...retiring or whatever. How long did it take for AFPC to come back with a fit/unfit finding on your cases? I'm getting impatient but don't know who to call...some on here say they have called the AFPC office for MEBs but noone will give me that number. My PEBLO is helpful but I don't think she is pushing the right buttons to get things done. Good luck to all of you and any info is appreciated.
It took about 45 days to get an unfit... but thats all the information that I have gotten so far. I guess I won't see anything until the VA sends their ratings back to AFPC, then a 1189 will come down and I will find out what the AF has decided (retirement or sep). Once I am done and I get my 214 I fax that over to the MSC where she will set up my exit interview and go over my VA ratings with me. Apparently you cannot be in the VA system "technically" until you are off AD. Which is fine, the whole frustrating part is the waiting and not knowing what is going on.

It took about 45 days to get an unfit... but thats all the information that I have gotten so far. I guess I won't see anything until the VA sends their ratings back to AFPC, then a 1189 will come down and I will find out what the AF has decided (retirement or sep). Once I am done and I get my 214 I fax that over to the MSC where she will set up my exit interview and go over my VA ratings with me. Apparently you cannot be in the VA system "technically" until you are off AD. Which is fine, the whole frustrating part is the waiting and not knowing what is going on.

Agreed...this whole "new improved" process seems to have started out with a bang and had good intentions but I fear that its timeline is getting pushed to the right just by the nature of the beast that is the MEB! Thanks for the insight. I'm beyond the 45 day mark so I'll start tracking my package at AFPC to ensure that it made it and they are working it. Take care!!! Oh, just so you all know...I'm at Langley, not Holloman...I'm bumping into your post!

Agreed...this whole "new improved" process seems to have started out with a bang and had good intentions but I fear that its timeline is getting pushed to the right just by the nature of the beast that is the MEB! Thanks for the insight. I'm beyond the 45 day mark so I'll start tracking my package at AFPC to ensure that it made it and they are working it. Take care!!! Oh, just so you all know...I'm at Langley, not Holloman...I'm bumping into your post!
its cool lol... as far as I have been reading, once we get our stuff to AFPC its all the same from there!

Update on my status... still nothing. From other threads I have read is that the RI VA is alot quicker than the other one, but so far I am not seeing that. So far the VA has surpassed their time limit by nearly 2 weeks... my question... why bother to give a time line if no one is going to adhere to it? I think I am just going to take whatever leave I have right now that way I can at least keep my self entertained and busy instead of sitting here just waiting...

LMAY, my timeline for ratings from RI, VA. Is package sent on 7 November, ratings sent back to AFPC 24 January, almost 3 months... I think this is the new average, that seems to be the trend latetly. Good Luck.

Well.. .that is definitely breaking the timeline lol. My PEBLO said they would call on Monday if they don't hear anything this week or if there are no changes in whatever database they look in.

Ok... so apparently my amazing PEBLO has been at training all week so it was back to Amn Barnes as the PEBLO... hopefully I will see some movement next week... either way I am taking leave cause this is driving me nuts!!