how does the pilot program work

golpher1204

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
I know Ft.Drum is now doing the VA/Pilot program.
Has anyone dealt with this?
What will be the first thing to happen when Ft. Drum receives my file?
How many physicals will I have?

also i have a my commanders evauation/statement to have filled out by my commander. We will meet next monday to go over it. What is key to this document if anyone knows.

Also if anyone has been through the pilot program it would be great to know what happens first. Appts ect.....

I will post a breakdown of the whole process when I have a chance. It will likely be towards the end of the week.

This is how my pilot program went down;

Briefing at Ft Meade of DOD/VA program

MEB exam at Ft Meade

VA exams conducted (depends on how many conditions; will determine how many exams)

Narsum done by Dr at Ft Meade after results from VA exams
Sign MEB if agree or if you disagree get changes done at this time. Then it goes to IPEB.

IPEB comes back you agree or disagree with findings of fit or unfit
also you agree or ask for a reconsidration of VA rating.

Depending on your out come you are finished with pilot prgram.

So what is the MEB exam. Is this a physical? Then you will go to the VA for there physical exams of the listed conditions?

I meet with a DOD Doctor and he went over my conditions; this is where you want to make sure all your conditions are listed. I was examed briefly by him. This doctor then setup the exams with the VA. After the VA exams results came back I meet with this doctor again and he wrote up the NARSUM.
Did you go for a MEB briefing yet?

They are waiting on my commanders evaluation to send my file to Ft.Drum.
I have to meet with my commander on thursday to go over my commanders evaluation. I dont know what it really is but I will find out on thursday.
I am in the national guard. I have heard it is taking around 300 days to complete the process.