How long of a wait?

DSPLY92

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hey all, my package was sent out to the IPEB March 5th and I called the PEB a few days ago and they told me the VA has it now. They've had it for about 15 days. Is there an average on how long the VA takes (I'm Navy, if that matters)? I tried emailing my PEBLO, but no answer all week. How long until you think I'll get the call about my findings?
Thanks for any inputs!!

Kbert84

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The VA average says 45-50 days, although I am hearing rumors that they are getting backed up and some folks on hear are at around 60 days. This is (in my opinion) the longest period of waiting during the whole process; unless you end up appealing anything.

12Mustang05

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I agree it seems to be a month to two months you can also look at va to see how backlogged they are but honestly I don't know how accurate any of the information is. Best luck

Jordyn8

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
From what my peblo told me VA is backed up. I’ve been waiting over six weeks I signed my narsum and it was turned in on 22 Feb. so hopefully it won’t be too much longer.

Mocool

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Jordyn8, I’m in the same predicament as you, hopefully we both hear something really soon

Scorpio881102

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
It also just depends on your case. It can take anywhere from two weeks to two months or more. The IPEB timeline is in constant flux and very difficult to predict.

PEBMember2017

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I'm seeing indications the timeline itself is in check up until the VA claims process; the PEB seems to be returning results around the 30 day mark, VA claims currently seem to be backed up as far back as even 3-6 months. Appeals, however, are still marching on at around 4 months.

DSPLY92

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Just thought I would give an update. I called the PEB again and they told me they just got my package back yesterday so it should be completed in 2-3 weeks. My case was at the VA for about 36 days and I’m on day 59 from when my package was originally sent off.
Though, I do have a question. Once my ratings come back and I accept, is there a way to get an earlier discharge date than the 90 days out? I’m hoping to go back to school and/or find a job right after, but planning is difficult without a real timeline.

TXWI

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
not sure about the Navy but the Air Force says it has to be established in the last week of the month which does not extend past the 90 days. I believe you can request earlier but has to be in that last week for benefits delivery at discharge from the VA. was just reading this out of the Air Force instruction.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">