Involuntary Separation

Shmizer

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello,

I Google searched this as well used the forum search, but was not able to find the answer.

I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to this.

What is considered Involuntary Separation?

The reason I ask is because my PEB came back unfit, and now I am just waiting on a rating, and I know there are certain privileges to veterans separated involuntarily.

Is medical separation considered involuntary separation?

Thanks

Don’t quote me on this but I believe that you are either voluntarily or involuntary separated. Because you were found unfit you are being involuntarily separated because of a physical or mental disability. Good reference for anything I thing is the milpersman.

Its an involuntary separation. It goes by the SPD code . . .

Curious what advantages involuntary seperations get. I can't think of one besides sep pay.

Yeah there isnt much but MILPERSMAN goes over a lot of entitlements.

Ok contact your HRC point of contact. He will tell you that you can file for a extension past your MRD. It may not get approved. He also advised me that the PEB can submit an extension for you to complete the IDES process. There are time limits on there extensions. Work with your PEBLO. If she doesn't help then call her supervisor. Go see legal. My legal here couldn't tell me nothing. I ended up calling HRC and got more info. I'm in the same boat at the PEB stage and separation coming in April. Please post what your HrC tells you when you call. I'm curious if he will tell you the same thing. Also you can submit a memorandum to PEB asking for them to submit to the PEB an expedited rush on your time due to medical reasons. Like needing specialized care or certain treatment near your home. Hopefully things will turn out right for the both of us and others.